Back to School (Again)

Waking up, I felt nauseous. Today was the day I'd have to go back to school, after taking a week off from Sayori's death. The festival was cancelled after I called the police, and we all decided the funeral would be on Wednesday of this week.

I blocked everyone's texts for the whole time I was out of school, so I practically had no clue what was going on.

As I left seventh period, it seemed like everything was normal. People were laughing, there were posters up for the next event- the spring play. The festival was rescheduled for last Friday, apparently.

Walking into the literature club, I felt my heart drop.

   Only because Sayori wasn't there. Looking around, I only saw Natsuki and Aoi. They were having a conversation in the corner, eyes wide open, whispering something. I walk over to them, a bit confused.

   "Hey guys-...?"

   Their heads instantly shoot over to me. "Oh, h-h-hi, Jack! Uh, we have to tell you something after this club m-"

   Someone walks in, interrupting Natsuki.

   "Hi- what's been going on in here?" Monika looks over at us and grins.

   "Um, nothing, just... Sayori..." I mumble, my hands starting to sweat. What's happening? Why am I-...

   And then suddenly Yuri walks in. Now we have the whole party.

"Okay, well... welcome back, Jack! We've all missed you since you've been gone... I think... today can be a free day. For all of us. It's Natsuki's first day back too, I think they need a little break, hm?" Monika grins. I look over at Natsuki, something's telling me-...

Break her neck.

What the hell?

Yuri goes in the corner to read, and I look at Aoi. She's staring back at me, like we're thinking the same thing. Then I look at Natsuki, her seeming like she didn't notice at all.

Yuri's head suddenly shoots up and looks at me. I look back at her. Her face is red, and she looks like she needs to tell me something. I stare at her a bit, before rushing over to the desk Monika was sitting at. She was writing a poem-

At a closer glance, it looked to be more like a letter.

I quickly told her I was going to the bathroom. She nodded, looking kind of annoyed. But I'll tell you one thing, I was not getting murdered by Yuri today.

   I ran out of the classroom, the floor swaying under me. Was I going to pass out? Maybe.

   Taking a right, I saw a couple of girls leaned up against their lockers, talking. Was it still that early that other kids were still here? I shook my head a little, stumbling into the bathroom.

   Empty.

   Good, I thought, leaning against a sink to steady myself. What was happening? Mind control wasn't real... so how does that explain me wanting to snap Natsuki's neck? I loved her.

   I turned to look at myself in the mirror.

   Loved her? Did I, really? Or is it just... she's cute... and small... and adorable... but Monika's better, right?

   Monika?

   I bit my lip, focusing on my face in the mirror. Bloodshot eyes... maybe I just didn't have enough sleep. And I was hallucinating. That explained all of it.

   I pulled my phone from my pocket, reading the notifications. Nothing but a few emails... aaand a few more appeared.

   They opened as I unloked my phone. Something told me to get out of the bathroom- something deep inside my gut. But my legs were frozen, and I couldn't move, so I just focused on the email for now.

   It was from Yuri.

   IloveyouIloveyouIloveyou. Please come back to the classroom mon ika has slmethjng to show you please hurry

   I had no clue how she got my email, but that wasn't my biggest concern at the moment. I needed to get out of this school. Now.

   Someone was watching me- I could feel it. From a distant corner. I shoved my phone back in and bolted down the hallway.

   The girls were gone.

   No they weren't.

   They were laying down on the floor, dead. Guts all fleshed out and open- their faces frozen into mournful screams, life taken before they could finish them. How did I not hear this?

   Looking at their faces, it was some of Natsuki's friends- the ones that had sat at the table with me. But a murderer was apparently in the school, so I needed to go. Leave.

   But, with my luck, something told me to go back to the classroom. Get Natsuki. I didn't want to get Natsuki. Or... maybe I did? Like a total idiot, I stood in the middle of the hallway, trying to make a decision. Going back into the classroom probably meant sudden death- but then again, only probably. If the murderer was Yuri or Monika, they would be out in the halls looking for me, which explained Natsuki's dead friends.

   Which also explains why Yuri was grinning at me at the end of the hallway, looking like a pack animal. Thirsty for blood.

   She had a knife in her hand.

   I turned away, the expression on my face indescribable. Mostly because I couldn't see it myself.

   "You think running is gonna save you nOw? Do ya?"

   "Yes," I muttered under my breath, running down a ramp to my left that led to the school gym.

   But everyone that was there for basketball was dead too.

((hi, a/n coming soon))