?Chapter 36 - Surprise?

**Jamies pov**

I've been in England now for a few days and it's been nice seeing all of my family again. Yes, it was a surprise when we found out about Xavier and Anna-Marie's engagement, but it was cute. Yes, my mum and dad were slightly annoyed, but the happiness on my brothers face quickly changed their minds.

Oh and Elijah is amazing, he's so full of energy, he and Alicia would get along great. Speaking of I do miss Alicia and Jace, I guess it shows sometimes but, I see them almost all the time and hardly ever see the rest of my family since they live overseas.

Today my family and friends were all going for our annual game of rounders in a park about 20 minutes from my aunts and uncles house. It was something we started a few years ago when we all decided to join together and lose weight.

It was an unusually warm day as well since England is known for its grey skies and bad weather. But today was perfect, the sun was out and there was a slight breeze making sure none of us melted.

"Jamie are you ready?" Mum yells from upstairs.

"Yeah coming." I ran upstairs, through Narnia and into the kitchen.

"Everyone's already in their cars, so we're the last ones." She said as she locked the front door.

We were riding with Xavier, Anna-Marie, Elijah, Dad and Sam, good thing my Anna has a seven seater car. Sam and I were sat in the boot seats, whilst my mum and Dad sat in the back, with Elijah in between them. And then, of course, Anna was driving with Xavier in the passenger seat.

**

"ROUNDER!"

Dean fist pumped the air and celebrated by high-fiving his teammates, who were all cheering him on. However, my dad was lecturing our team on how to get someone out quicker and "If they're heading to fourth aim the bloody ball at fourth!"

The game finished with our team losing and the other team winning. They did have the most competitive people on their team though, including Uncle Harry, Aunty Lisa, Dillon, Evan, Anna, Gabriella and Xavier, whereas we had, me, Sammy, Elijah, Mum, Dad, Aunty Margaret and Shelly.

It was nice to see my cousins again, as we used to be quite close when I still lived here. We were in the same classes up until I moved and had the same tastes in music. We were hard to separate, but when I moved we hardly spoke, I used to ring them but it always went straight to voicemail, turns out they got new phones and new numbers.

We gossiped in between breaks during the game and I found out Shelly finally ended up with Sean - a guy she's had a crush on for yonks - and that Gabriella broke up with her boyfriend who was a dick anyway, now she's perusing Nathan a boy in her maths class.

I don't see how she could struggle though, with straight brown hair, green eyes and a slender body, she was a complete gem. Shelly was just the same bug had hazel eyes and curly brown hair, that used to fall in ringlets around her face.

I even took Elijah to the park next to the field we were playing on, he's so cute. He went on a trampoline that was built into the ground, but jumped too close to the edge and grazed his knees, he just looked at me and said "don't wowwy! I'm a big boy!" Got back up and bounces again. I just wish I'd have met him sooner, I will admit I was a bit let down when Xavier announced him and Anna-Marie were engaged and had a son, I thought we told each other everything and I'd have really loved to have been in my nephew's life.

Soon it was time to go back to Uncle Harry's and have a bbq. We all piled back into our respected vehicles and left, listening to Xavier boast about how his team won and ours didn't.

**

"Jamie love, there's someone here to see you!"

We'd finished eating like an hour ago, so I had headed to my room and was catching up on Riverdale on Netflix. When I was yelled for, however, I had not invited anyone over and had lost all ties with any old friends from England when I had left.

"Jamie get up here!" This time it was my Lisa yelling for me. With a huff I got out of bed and made my way towards the stairs, pushing through Narnia I reached the kitchen. "Look who's come for a visit love."

"Hey, mummy!"

"Jace! Alicia! Oh my gosh!"

I ran towards my boyfriend and his daughter- who stood with a suitcase at their side - grabbing the two in a tight hug, telling them how much I missed them whilst I was here.

"We missed you too sugarplum." Jace chuckled, squeezing me slightly. Alicia wrapped her small arms around my neck, as her dad held me around the waist.

"Why are you here?" I ask finally letting go.

"Let's just say it got boring not being able to see your beautiful face every day." He replied whilst kissing my cheek.

"Aww, you two are cute." I hear from behind us, turning my family stands there looking at us. "Hi I'm Lisa Jamie's aunt, this is my husband Harry and our three sons Dean, Dillon and Evan."

"It's nice to meet you guys." Charms Jace.

"I like him." Is all she says before leaving the room with my uncle and cousins.

"Hello I'm Jamie's other aunt Margaret and these are my daughters Shelly and Gabriella." Adds my other aunt.

"Lovely to meet you too."

"You don't have to worry about us liking you by the way. Just worry if we dislike you, that's all I'm saying." With that, she also leaves the room with my cousins in tow.

"I'll keep that in mind. Hello Sammy, Sandra, John and Xavier," He greets my family, then turns and speaks to Anna and Elijah. "Oh, I'm afraid I don't know your names."

"It's fine, I'm Anna-Marie and this is Elijah." She responds kindly. "I'm Xavier's fiancée and this is our son."

"Oh wow! How old are you then, little guy?" Jace crouches down so he and Elijah can look at each other in the eyes.

"I'm fowr! I'm a big boy!"

"You sure are!"

And that how we spent the rest of the evening, Jace, Alicia and Elijah bonding, whilst the rest of us shared stories in the living room.

***
Vote
Comment
Share