Christmas Break pt1

Start from the beginning

Once Phineas Nigellus returned they were given the green light to leave, and not a moment too soon as it seemed Umbridge knew they were all out of bed. Professor McGonagall left to distract her and give her any reason possible as to why they may be out of bed and Dumbledore asked the kids to gather round the portkey. All of them made contact with the charmed kettle and then Krystal felt a powerful jerk behind her navel.

This was her first time traveling via portkey and while she assumed it would be like apparating it was slightly different, and Krystal seemed to much prefer appariting.

When her feet hit the ground her knees buckled and George placed a quick arm around her waist to keep her from falling like the others, she gave him a soft smile of thanks.

Then the all too familiar screeching sounded as profanities and name calling pursued, Kreacher came out and cover the portrait back up before Sirius made his way over.

Harry and Ron scrambled to their feet and the unshaven, slightly sloshed Sirius asked what had happened.

"What's going on Phineas Nigellus said Arthur's been badly injured." Sirius asked as he helped Ginny to her feet.

"Ask Harry." Fred suggested.

"Yeah, I want to hear this for myself," said George curiously.

"It was," Harry began, "I had a...a kind of...vision." Harry got out before he went on and told them what he had "seen."

Soon the Weasley children made a stand to go and see their father.

"Hang on, you can't go tearing off to St. Mungo's!" Sirius sounded.

"'Course we can go if we want." Said Fred with a mulish expression, "he's our dad!"

Krystal stepped forward, "Sirius is right, I know it sucks but how will you lot explain that you know your dad's injured in the first place?"

"What does that matter?" George asked hotly.

Krystal had only seen the twins angry once, and that's when they (along with Harry) were banned from playing Quidditch when George and Harry "attacked" Malfoy.

Krystal stepped forward and touched George's arm, "it matters because we don't want to draw attention to Harry having visions of things happening hundreds of miles away."

"Someone else could of told us." Ginny suggested.

"Like who?" Sirius asked impatiently. "Listen your dad's been hurt while on duty for the Order and the circumstances are fishy enough without his children knowing about it seconds after it happened, you could seriously damage the Orders-"

"We don't care about the dumb order!" Fred shouted, "it's our dad dying we're talking about !"

Krystal and Harry remained quiet as they both knew better than to inject themselves into these family matters.

"Your father knew what he was getting into, and he won't thank you for messing things up for the Order!" Replied Sirius angrily. "This is how it is...this is why you're not in the Order..you don't understand...there are things worth dying for!"

"Easy for you to say, stuck here!" Fred bellowed. "I don't see you risking your neck!"

Sirius looked as if he might actually hit Fred and Krystal's heart beat wildly.

But when he spoke it was one of pure calmness, "I know it's hard, but we've all got to act as though we don't know anything yet. We've got to stay put, at least until we hear from your mother, all right?"

Fred and George still looked mutinous. Ginny sank into a chair, Harry looked to Ron a little unsure, but all Ron did was nod slightly. The twins glared at Sirius once more before taking a seat in either side of Ginny.

Kreacher brought in butterbeers and those who had been standing all sat quietly, the only sound came from the crackling of the kitchen fire and the soft thud of the bottles against the table.

When a burst of fire midair suddenly appeared in front of them they gave cries of shock.

"Fawkes!" Sirius said as he snatched up the parchment. "That's not Dumbledores handwriting, it must be a message from your mother."

George took the parchment and ripped it open. 'Dad's still alive, I am setting out for St. Mungo's now. Stay where you are. I will send news as soon as I can. Mum.' "Still alive..." He said slowly, "but that makes it sound..."

He didn't have to finish the sentence, Krystal wrapped her arms around George and laid her head on his shoulder, she wanted to comfort him, she wanted him to know it would be alright.

The only problem was that, with all of the things changing from the original story she wondered if Mr Weasley would be alright.

They were all exhausted and emotionally drained but everyone refused to go to bed.

Fred fell into a doze, his head swinging sideways. Ginny was curled like a cat on her chair but her eyes remained open, Krystal held her eyes closed as she had gotten more comfortable on George's shoulder, George wrapped his arm around her shoulder and laid his own head atop hers as he resigned to a light slumber.

Finally as the sun was beginning to rise the kitchen door swung open and Mrs Weasley entered the kitchen. She was pale, but when they all looked up at her she gave them a wan smile. "He's going to be alright, he's sleeping...We can all go and see him later, Bill's sitting with him now, he's going to take the morning off work."

Krystal unwrapped herself from around George, she hadn't realized they had been in such an embrace and she blushed a bit, she was genuinely glad that Cedric wasn't here.

Fred fell back into his chair and George and Ginny got up to hug their mother.

Sirius suggested breakfast but Krystal declined, to go to bed.