Christmas Break pt1

"Galleons?" Cedric asked as he looked down at the fat yellow coin.

"They're fake." Krystal smiled knowingly.

"Yes, they are a means of communicating to everyone at a moments notice of DA lessons." Hermione informed him as well as the rest of the others around. "You'll notice the numbers around the edges, on a normal galleon they are just a serial number placed there by the goblin who created them, but on these, the numbers placed there are for the time and date of the next meeting."

Krystal and the others observed the galleons as she continued to speak.

"But they are charmed so that if the time or date should change it will heat up and the numbers will change, so if you have it in your pocket you will feel it."

. . . . .

As the rest of the month went by Christmas break was quickly approaching and Krystal couldn't be more excited about going home to see Sirius and the rest of the order, more importantly she would be away from Umbridge.

Cedric had forgiven Krystal and the whole thing was pushed to the side, unfortunately the young couple still didn't have very much time alone.

After their last DA meeting before Christmas break Krystal found herself wondering the halls to get to the room of requirements.

"Hey." Cedric greeted her as she entered the room quickly. "You're freezing."

She nodded as she tried to keep her teeth from chattering, "these halls are so drafty."

"I've decided to go with you to Grimmauld place for the holidays."

"But what about your parents?" She asked.

He simply shrugged, "they think I'm going to be here, caught up in head boy business and Quidditch scheduling." He insisted, "but I feel like we need to go back and find out what's up with Order and what not, plus I need to spend some much need time with my girlfriend." He smiled and snaked his arms around Krystal waist, "we can visit them for Christmas dinner."

Krystal simply nodded as she couldn't bring herself to smile, she knew in her gut what would happen tonight.

"Well be prepared to leave at any moments notice, I've got to get back to bed." She said before she kissed him and took off.

But when she entered the common room she saw that Professor McGonagall was beginning to pull Harry down the stairs with Ron walking right behind them, "you should come with us Miss Montgomery." Krystal nodded, grateful at not being questioned why she was walking through the fat lady's portrait at this hour.

They made their way to Dumbledore office.

"Professor Dumbledore, Potter has had a...well, a nightmare."

"It wasn't a nightmare." Harry interjected. "I...well I was asleep. But it wasn't an ordinary dream...it was real...i saw it happen." He drew in a deep breath and released it. "Ron's dad, Mr Weasley...has been attacked by a giant snake."

Shortly after Dumbledore enlisted the help of a portrait called Phineas Nigellus, one Krystal had recognized from the Black residence. He instructed Phineas to inform Sirius that Arthur Weasley had been injured, "his wife, children, Harry Potter and Krystal Montgomery will be arriving at his house shortly."

He slumped away into the frame of the portrait and disappeared from view and then the door opened. Fred, George, and Ginny were all led inside.

Ginny was the first to talk, but she was asking about what happened.

"Your father has been injured in the course of his work for the Order, he has been taken to St. Mungo's. I am sending you back to Sirius' house, which is more convenient for the hospital than the Burrow, you will meet your mother there." Dumbledore relayed. "You will be taking a portkey." He said as he gestured toward a kettle.