Five.

M A N I K

I was always so tired. Mentally, physically, I just couldn't cope.
The bags under my eyes, simply couldn't hold the dreams I had. They're the reasons I preferred to stay awake. She's always in them, captured in my memory. Whenever I saw her in my world of dreams, we're okay and happy like we used to be. But sadly, it's not the same in real life. In reality, we hadn't spoken in months, let alone seeing each other. And everyday it had hurt more and more than yesterday.

How do I explain I always grieved for the loss of someone who wasn't even mine?

I hadn't slept the whole night; not because I left that stupid doctor alone on the street. I couldn't sleep because of not having Kiara in my arms. Like, always.

The doctor.

She was everything my Kiara wasn't and God, I hated her because of that. Kiara had this amazing red hair which instantly became my favourite colour while this doctor had thick, raven strands. Kiara was demanding while this doctor was a helper. Kiara at times, no all the times, was selfish whereas this doctor...well she's a doctor after all. My love, Kiara talked loudly not giving a damn to anything around whereas this doctor... Nandini seemed or at least, pretended to be soft. Kiara was everything a guy hated in a girl whereas I was smitten by every little thing she did.

She was my star.

Self depriving the sleep, I decided to stop by the Central Park. The sun streamed through the leaves of the tree, bathing me in gentle light and its reflection beamed on the bed of the lake water flowing slightly at the tender touch of wind. I was sitting under a large tree on the bench which was my usual spot on mornings after sleepless nights, before the huge serene lake, holding my brush and applying it on my canvas. I remembered how much she hated to sit still while I painted her. It literally was a struggle to me and she always settled after I promised her a good round of shopping; yet she did quit midway. I smiled at the flash of how she used to cringe her nose trying to break my concentration or strip off publicly knowing I'd immediately give up. She was something.

Kiara was looking beautiful in my sketch today. Her eyes came out perfect and those lips felt real. With the back of my fingers, I caressed her cheek wishing her to be there before me. I'd trade my heart and soul to get her back. Oh Lord, please.

"Oh my God! My favourite tattoo artist!" My eyes stilled at the brush in my hand which got motionless hearing someone cheer around.

The nervousness in my eyes were saying what I was dreading and I was dreading someone particular who particularly was the owner of such shrill voice. Please Lord tell me it's not her. Hesitant, I looked up slowly from my painting to the girl in blue tank top, jogging trousers paired with a bright pink warm jacket murmuring prayers under my breath.

Please

Please

Please

No...

My eyes travelled to the pretty neck and a headphone wrapping around it and as I dared to look up, I decided to give up praying.

Shit.

"You? Again?" I glared.

It was of no use since Doctor was already grinning like a moron. Why on earth couldn't she leave me alone? Was it so hard? She really pushed all my buttons knowing which actually kicked me to the edge but seeing her was good in a way because I got to know she at least wasn't murdered last night on the street.