Chapter 4

"Ahem," Grace clears her throat. "You got a Venti Chai cup of bullshit back there for me?"

"Yeah, hun. Just a sec," Mac says matter-of-factly. The coffee shop is packed today with four customers in line at the register, two new ones just walking in and, from what Grace can see, six more mobile orders that need to be filled, not to mention whatever is going on in the drive thru. "No worries. Take your time."

"Sorry, here you go."

"Thanks," she steals a sip and begins to head for her usual leather chair, but notices someone sitting in it. She frowns and makes her way to the matching loveseat instead.

"Hey?" Mac calls.

Grace turns to face him, "Yeah?"

"We still on for tonight?"

"Totally," Grace says with a grin. Mac in turn smiles and winks at her.

As she sits and reads, she notices the shop is much busier than normal so it's not until she is almost ready to leave when Mac comes by, clearly exhausted, and plops down on the loveseat practically on top of her.

"Why don't you throw your arms around me, too, Lover Boy?" Grace kids.

"Well alrighty then. All my coworkers think you're my girlfriend now anyway," as he grabs her around the waist and snuggles his face into her neck.

"Well, aren't I?" she teases.

Removing his face from her neck but keeping his arms around her Mac asks, "So, where do you want to go for dinner tonight?"

"I don't know. You're supposed to be the one planning this surprise evening."

"Well, dinner doesn't need to be a surprise. Just what we're doing after is."

"And what, pray tell, are we doing after?"

"I said it's a surprise. I promise it's something new that you've never done before."

"Is it dangerous?"

"Maybe," he says with a smirk. "I got to get back to work. Text me what you want for dinner... something light." And with a kiss to her forehead, his new way of saying goodbye, he jumps back behind the register.

---

"Of all the places we could've gone for a light bite to eat, she chooses Applebee's," Mac shakes his head.

"What? There was a new Asian inspired salad on the menu that I wanted to try. I thought you'd be impressed that I tried something new."

"And actually liked it!" Mac chided.

"So, where are we going? What's this big surprise? This new thing of the week I'm supposed to try?" Grace begs Mac to tell her.

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you in advance, Grace." Grace fake pouts and Mac is beyond thrilled with her reaction. He loves keeping her in suspense.

"Here we are," Mac declares.

"Where are we?"

"What does it look like?"

"It looks like a skateboard park full of horny teenage boys."

"Bingo!"

"What are we doing here, Mac?" Grace says in hushed tones. "You better not have brought me here to try pot for the first time or something dumb like that!"

"You've never tried pot! Shocker!" Mac teases. "No Grace. We are here to teach you how to ride a skateboard, maybe even do some sweet tricks."

"What? No. Me? On a skateboard? No."