9. Kiss me Once, Twice, Three Times Now I'm A Lady

Start from the beginning

        I barked out a laugh. Men always think that women want them and when they don’t they were just teasing. I mean I don’t understand how it never occurs to them in their little minds that maybe the woman didn’t want them the same way they thought in their minds. “Okay, Kenny.”

        “Okay…That’s it? Just okay?” He stood in front of my desk, appalled.

        “What do you want me to say?” I moved the mouse in front of my computer, clicking onto my inbox to check my emails.

        “How about an apology.”

        “An apology? Whatever for?” I raised my eyebrows.

        “For running around your house, letting Justin come over, letting Justin swear, or something. Give me something.”

        “Give you something…” I muttered. I nodded my head as an anger I haven’t felt in a long time built up inside of me. I’ve only felt this anger once, when my lab partner for biology freshman year of college decided to spill coffee all over the worksheet I worked on for hours in the lab.

        “Are you okay…?”

        “You know what, Kenny? This isn’t going to work out. I am not interested in you. Did it ever occur to you that I was scared of you last night? I know I didn’t necessarily say no to your advances but you can’t read body language? Context clues? I was running away from you because I was scared to be kissed. That’s right, I’ve never kissed a boy before. And honestly, Kenny, you’re not that special for me to have a first of anything with. When Justin came over I was flabberducking relieved because you would finally stop trying to kiss me. I was terrified. And Justin cusses like a sailor. The little B word is a minor infraction for him so I let it slide. Would I have allowed him to use the F word? No. Sorry that you need such gratification like a little child. Now, I’m busy trying to make a well-balanced diet for the blog. If you would excuse me, I could actually accomplish that goal.”

        Red in the face, Kenny turned for the door. Before departing, he turned back to say, “You know, Kasey, I thought you were different.”

        Still angry, I clenched my hands into fists. ‘No, Kenny, you thought I was easy.”

        He flinched and then disappeared behind the door.

        Well great. It’s going to be just great working with him every single day from now on. Grumbling to myself, I looked back to my food pyramid.

                Stepping out of the elevator, I saw Charlotte emerging from her room. She is dressed in her usual dark clothing. She smiled at me and rubbed at her nose.

                “Hey, Kasey. I haven’t seen you in a while.” She laid a hand on my shoulder.

                The corner of my lip lifted up into a little smile. “It’s because you’re nocturnal. How are you?”

                “Great, business is booming, as usual.” She winked. I nodded my head, amused. “How are you?”

                “Busy trying to make a new well-balanced meal concept. It was easier when I thought about it in my head, but…” I shrugged, looking her over. Charlotte is very thin and in shape. “What do you do to stay in shape?”

                “Sweetie, I hardly eat, that’s why. I wouldn’t say I am healthy.”

                “Do you um…you know? Do you take your own d-drugs?” I coughed, nervous.