Chapter XXIII: Unexpected Fall

Start from the beginning

Sky begins to stir next to me. Her eyes slowly opening and adjusting to the light in our room. A lazy smile appears on her lips as her eyes focus on me.

"Morning," I say in a whisper.

She slowly blinks before closing her eyes again and nuzzling me.

I chuckle, "Tired?"

She nods, staying silent.

I move my hand further into her back, beginning to lightly move my fingertips up and down her spine. Sky hums in content and a faint smirk appears on my face. I can feel her skin beginning to slightly break into goosebumps. I love the way her skin involuntarily reacts to my touch, whether it's a soothing and soft touch or hard and passionate. It makes me feel possessive of her. It's like her body has always known it belongs to me and there's something satisfying about it.

"You want to turn this day into a lazy day?" I ask her, my hands going to her hair.

She nods, staying silent again. I laugh, loudly. I didn't think last night would tire her this much, too the point were she will only speak when necessary. I would never do this to her in a week day, but she should be grateful it's Saturday. Otherwise, she would have to force herself to work and Sky and fatigue don't get along, especially if work is involved. Sky opens her eyes, the mossy green in them glaring at me.

"Are you that tired from last night?" I question between small chuckles to prevent from infuriating her.

She lazily smirks. "You definitely proved you can own up the Bunny name."

I move from her side, hovering over her now. One of her hands moving to my waist and beginning to do the same up-and-down motion I was doing with her. "Well, it's not my fault I'm a gentleman and treat my lady right."

"If that's what you want to call it..." She pecks my lips, "...instead of horny."

The grin on her lips encourages me to reply with a smart-ass remark. "If that's the case then you're just as horny as me, Petal." I finish, giving her lips a chaste kiss.

"What can I say, mister Caplin?" She brings her head up, chastely kissing me back. "I'm easily influenced by you." She replies, managing to put the blame back on me.

I laugh, kissing her neck and up to her ear. "You're definitely one hell of a something."

"I'll take that as a compliment." Her hands move from my waist to my shoulder blades, touching my muscles. They continue to move, reaching my nape and playing with the ends of my hair. I love it when she does this. It's been a habit of hers since our early dating and even before we started, on the edge of our friendship becoming a relationship. "I love you."

"I love you." I retort, pushing a strand of hair out of her face.

"Last night was great. I didn't get to thank you for dinner."

"It was only fair I treated you after what you did last week."

"Such a thoughtful bunny."

"Aw..." I mock, kissing her lips.

She grins, kissing my forearm this time. The rose tattoo receiving the touch of her lips for the uncountable time.

• • •

SKY

Everything has been more than lovely. Jake's birthday turned out well, more than well and we've been enjoying time together and putting to use the amenities of the penthouse. I haven't left bed since I woke up. Only to shower and put some clothes on. He's been treating me to a lazy day today and I'm loving it, being spoiled. Jake always spoils me in some way, but today is just a little bit more than usual. He's showering while I lie in bed, wearing one of his comfy shirts. It's just after noon and I don't know what he has planned for us to eat since we skipped breakfast.