13

OH LOOK AN UPDATE! sorry this took so long. I've been so busy and stressed. This isn't the greatest so i'm sorry but just stick with it please! and ignore any typos. i'll go back and fix them. love you guys!

Harry's POV

"He's dead."

Her words echoed through my ears, turning my blood ice cold and making all the color run out of my face. Bran can't be dead. No, he can't be. I tried to push aside the thoughts of him being dead, but I couldn't. Bran, my one best friends, more like a brother, was dead. This isn't fucking happening. Not again. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until Mia squeezed my hand and I let out a shaky breath. I saw confusion etched through her flawless face and I wanted so badly to smoothen them out and tell her not to worry, but I had to deal with this tragedy right now.

"Bran's dead?" I managed to choke out. Annabelle nods her head solemnly, eyes brimming red as she looks at me.

"How? Where was he and where's Zach?" I try not to show any sign of weakness but I could tell I wasn't being very convincing.

"We don't know. We can't find him," she says through sobs. I look at Niall, who also seems to have started to cry and Zayn on the verge of tears. I divert my eyes away from them before I break down and I meet Mia's face. Sadness is laced through her beautiful face and I can tell she seems to care even if she has no idea what's going on.

"Annabelle, go get some rest. Niall go with her. Zayn we need to go to Khal," I say as sternly as I can, but it comes out as more of a plea. I make my way out the door, blocking everything out of my head before I make it to Khal's office. I don't bother knocking and slam open the door, now anger surging through my body. My breathing is erratic and I can feel heat gathering in my hands.

"Harry," Khal says gently, "I guess Annabelle as told you. I'm sorry. But you know we can't morn over this. People die everyd-"

"Don't give me that shit. Bran is dead. He is fucking dead," I say through clenched teeth. I feel hotter than I should, which isn't good.

"Harry calm down. It's bound to happen some day," he says shaking his head. How can he brush this off so easily? I feel the heat gathering in my hands, my vision starting to go blurry. I'm going to lose my shit.

"Calm down? You really think I can calm down when my brother was just killed? What the fuck is wrong with you? Also if you didn't know, Zach is missing! Guess we should just ignore that too!" I lash out at him.

"That's enough Harry," he says sternly. Without thinking, I through fire at him which he easily deflects and before I know it, I'm on the floor with Khal's forearm cutting off my air flow. I grip his arm, trying to push him off but he's too strong for me.

"Enough, Harry." I stop struggling, water brimming my eyes and I can't hold the tears back anymore. I shut my eyes tightly, letting a strangled cry out and I feel Khal release the weight he had on my throat and I can finally breathe again. I wipe my eyes and sit up, not looking at Khal who just witnessed my minor breakdown.

"Harry, son, I know this hard for you. Losing people you care about, but this is what happens in this life. You can't control everything, no matter how hard you try. I know you're still shaken up about -"

"Thanks Khal. I know. Let me know when you have any news. I'm ready to go as soon as you get word from the others," I say quickly. He nods and reaches for my shoulder and pats it.

"I will. Go rest up, you look like hell."

I nod, turning on my heel and walking out the door when I spot Mia. She looks wide eyed at me, cheeks flushed lik she's been caught in the act of something she isn't suppose to be. A frown etched on my face as i look down at her.

"How much did you hear?"

She hesitates as she flumbles with her fingers. "Not a lot. I'm sorry, I'll go," she whispers as she tries to walk past me, but I grab her arm before she walks away. "Harry, I'll-" I cut her off by placing my hand over her mouth. "Save it. I want to talk you somewhere," I say as I drag her along the corridor, up numerous flights of stairs till we reach the very top. She doesn't say anything until I open the wooden door and she sees the view before her. The skyline of Chicago. I let go of her hand and she walks over to the edge, leaning against the wall as she takes in the shimmering lights around her. She blows out a puff of air, and pulls her jacket closer to her body.

"It's beautiful. I've never seen Chicago like this before," she says smiling at me. I walk over next to her and smile softly back.

"I come up here normally to just think. No one comes up here anyways. Guess it's like my safe haven." Mia doesn't say anything, but I can feel her eyes on me. I look over at her, a frown masking her face and her cheeks pink from the chill. "Do you want to talk about it?" She whispers softly. I sigh, looking up at the stars, not realizing how late it's gotten.

"My best friend, Bran, died. He was like my brother you know?" I say solemly as I look over at her, eyes wide and she nods her head for me to continue. "It's not the first time something like this has happened. Two years ago, Ned died. He died from a warlock demon. I was there and all I remember was him screaming my name and I ran to him. There was so much blood. He died in my arms that night. I don't know why I'm telling you any of this honestly, but Ned was my brother and now he's gone. Now Bran is gone and I'm really trying to be strong and move on from it, but I'm sick an tired of not being there for the people I care about. I feel helpless, like I won't be able to protect anyone anymore," I say shutting my eyes to push back the tears. I grip the railing tightly, kunckles turning white and then I feel a warm hand on top of mine.

"It's okay to grieve, Harry. You're not helpless, you're just afraid and that's okay," Mia says softly and I wish I could believe those words are true but I know they aren't. "You don't understand how it-"

"I know how it feels Harry. I saw my dad kill himself in front of me. I saw my mom being taken away from me. I know how it feels to lose someone you care about most," she says with tears escaping her eyes. I look at her speechless. I grab her face, wiping away the tears that stain her face. "I'm sorry, I didn't know." I apologize. Great, now I seem like a massive asshole. Way to go Harry. "It's okay," she sniffles. I pull her in my chest, her arms wrap around my back, holding me closely and I instantly feel relieved.

"I'm scared of losing you," I say quiet enough for her to hear. I can feel her heartbeat on mine, her grip loosening and she looks at me. "You won't. I'm not going anywhere," she says as she grips the fabric on my chest. I lean down, our lips are centimeters apart and I feel her brush her lips against mine as I finally close the gap between us. Sparks ignitate through my body as our lips move in perfect sync. I can taste the salt from her tears, making me hold her closer to me. Her arms wrap around my neck, my hands holding her sides gently. I ask for entrance as I push my tounge inside her mouth, deepening the kiss. My hands travel up her sides and her hands gently pullon my hair, earning a moan from me and I open my eyes to look at her. She stops and pulls away mumbling a sorry. "No, I like it." I say softly, pulling her back to me. She smiles shyly, giving me a small peck on the lips before crushing into my chest.

"We're going to find your mom, Mia, I promise," I say as I place a gently kiss on the top of her head. "Okay?"

"Okay."

Dont forget to vote and comment! <3