Chapter 9, Too Drunk

Start from the beginning

David finally agreed and we hopped into my car and took it into down. It was honestly a 5 minute drive to the nearby pub I had seen before on my way in, David seemed familiar with it, he said he came in sometimes to eat peanuts and call cabs for drunk people but he never drank here and never had any intention of drinking here. He told me he got drunk once in his whole life, it got weird fast and he never did it again. I was hoping tonight we could change that.

“David you can't just tell me it got weird and you never did it again - that makes me even more curious about you drunk then I already was.” I laughed at him as I took the last sip of my vodka water and bar lime. David flicked the straw of his glass of water.

“Daniel - we are technically still supposed to be watching children at a camp at least one of us has to be alert and sound.” David countered, I rolled my eyes.

“But now I'm drinking alone and I'm really over it. I drink alone way too much.” I spoke up, David just stirred his water again, he ice cubes hitting the side of the glass as the plastic straw slid across them. The bartender took my empty glass and I turned to him.

“Hey do you know how to make Pornstars?” I asked him, he nodded and I asked him for one. David gave me a really funny look, then the bartender handed me the drink. I slid it over to David.

“You’ll like this take a sip.” I informed David, David looked very unsure and I laughed at him; probably a bit longer then I really meant to, I was getting a buzz now.

“What's the matter you don't like porn stars?” I laughed louder this time and longer, David started stammering.

“No! I mean not like that- I- I don't know!” he shouted, I laughed some more and nudged closer to him.

“Do you even watch porn? I'm just curious - I don't think you come across as I guy who does but like those people are usually the ones who watch the super weird shit.” I laughed again. David sighed loudly, face turning red and eyes shifting every which way as if I corner him in embarrassment. He looked at the drink I past him and rolled his eyes, taking a sip, the vanilla vodka sometimes burned my throat, I wondered how his felt considering he hadn't drank in a while. He did a bit of a cough when he put the glass down, he only drank about two sips, the passion fruit slice bobbed on the liquor when he placed it back on the counter.

“I don't watch porn what kind of question is that?” David spoke, I rolled my eyes at him. I took a sip of the new drink that was in front of me - rum and coke, but I don't remember ordering it. I was getting a bigger buzz now.

“Pfft. You’re completely lying. You’re telling me you never once watched porn? Any kind of porn?” I asked David, he took another sip of his drink and shook his head no.

“I'm both impressed and concerned.” I laughed, I drank more of my drink, and David took more sips of his, nursing the fuck out of it. I got to the bottom of my glass again, staring down through the cup to the dark wood counter.

“You don't drink, you don't watch porn, I haven’t heard you swear at all - what are you an angel?” I asked David, he stared at me and giggled, then hiccuped, taking another sip of his drink.

“I guess you could say that.” he giggled again, I could tell in his voice he was already drunk, I didn't expect David to be able to hold his liquor but he had 3 quarters of a drink and was already hiccuping. Talk about light weight. I was tipsy, I wasn't sure I was drunk yet, maybe one more drink would do it for me, I was at the point where I couldn't drive back to camp anymore however so we would have to walk back. I ordered another rum and coke for myself and David continued to slowly drink his one drink and get progressively more wasted from it, it was like each sip was affecting him as much as a whole drink would affect me.

CultistOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara