Hermione's Hats: Year 5

Start from the beginning

"Ron, do you mind getting Amisty and my school bags?" Hermione asked as the boys got to their feet.

He raised an eyebrow, "Erm, sure, Hermione."

Once they started to walk away, Hermione grabbed Amisty's wrists and she was met with a pair of questioning brown eyes.

"What was that with Malfoy?" Hermione demanded.

"I know, I know," Amisty whispered miserably. "What Harry said... it's just... it keeps replaying in my head."

"You know he didn't mean that. Not truly," She scolded, eyes narrowed.

"Well, you're going to write an apology to him this instant," Hermione declared. "Honestly, it's like you were back in first year!"

Dear Draco,

I'm really sorry about how I acted today... Harry's been upset recently and he said some things and they've affected me more than they should have. Apologies should be done in person, I know, but Hermione's breathing down my neck at the moment for how I acted in the hallway so I figured this was a sort of happy medium.

Sorry again, Amisty

It was quite honestly the fastest Argent had ever come back with a reply before. It was also one of the shortest messages she'd ever gotten from him and she couldn't decide it that was reassuring or concerning.

Dear Amisty,

The empty classroom during lunch period.

See you then, Draco

"Shall we do Snape's stuff first?" Ron suggested, unscrewing a pot of ink and dipping his quill in it. He scribbled across the page, "'The properties... of moonstone... and its uses... in potion-making...' There," He looked up at Hermione expectantly. "So what are the properties of moonstone and its uses in potion-making?"

Amisty snorted.

Hermione, however, wasn't listening whatsoever. She was glaring, to no one's surprise, at Fred, George, and Lee.

The three of them were sitting surrounded by a circle of first years, Hazel included, who were all chewing on candy that Fred had definitely given them.

"No, I'm sorry, they've gone too far," Hermione got to her feet, fuming. "Come on, Ron."

"I -- what?" Ron gasped, drawing out his words to buy time. "No -- come on, Hermione -- we can't tell them off for giving out sweets..."

Hermione huffed, "You know perfectly well that those are bits of Nosebleed Nougat or -- or Puking Pastilles or -- "

"Fainting Fancies?" Harry suggested as all the first years slumped over, eyes fluttering closed.

Hermione scowled, marching toward them.

Ron stood up about an inch off his chair before sinking down as far as he could in his chair, "She's got it under control."

"You're a horrible prefect," Amisty hummed, folding up Draco's note and tucking it into her pocket.

"Thanks, Am," He threw her a glare.

"That's enough!" Hermione stomped toward the twins, eyes alight.

"Yeah, you're right," George nodded as he scribbled on a clipboard, "this dosage looks strong enough, doesn't it?"

"I told you this morning, you can't test your rubbish on students," Hermione seethed.

"We're paying them!" Fred defended.