*The Unquiet Dead*

Start from the beginning

"Not a bad life," the Doctor shrugs, grinning.

"Better with three, though," I smile widely, looping my arms through theirs and pulling them close.

"Definitely better," Rose laughs, the Doctor and me laughing with her. "Come on, then!" she moves her arm to grab my hand and starts to drag me to the door.

"Oi, oi, oi!" the Doctor calls, stopping us in our tracks and we turn to him. "Where do you girls think you're going!?" he raises his eyebrows, folding his arms.

"1860!" Rose beams, holding onto my arm as she bounces excitedly.

"Christmas," I add, pouting that he wasn't letting us go out and see.

"Go out there dressed like that, you'll start a riot, Barbarellas!" the Doctor scoffs and Rose and I share an amused look, both shaking with silent laughter. "There's a wardrobe through there; first left, second right, third on the left, go straight ahead, under the stairs, past the bins, it's the fifth door on your left," he lists off very quickly, making Rose and I stare at him blankly; I'd never been that great with directions and Rose isn't much better. "Hurry up!" he shoos us off.

"Right," I blink a few times, grabbing Rose's hand and starting to drag her from the console room. "This just means you've got to wait for two women to get ready, Doctor," I smile over my shoulder, seeing him mutter under his breath with a mocking expression. "Ooo, just for that, I think I'll take a bit longer," I smirk.

"Oh, more than a bit; a lot longer," Rose smirks, both of us snickering as we run from the room.

In the corridor, I stroke the wall, "can you show us where the wardrobe is, please?" I ask and she hums, lights starting to show the way on the floor.

"She likes you way more than me," Rose grumbles, starting to pull me off down the corridor.

"I'm just nicer," I stick my tongue out and she slaps me in the arm. "I'm being attacked!" I shriek dramatically, letting go and running off with the TARDIS making short, choppy trills as if she were laughing. "You just proved my point, by the way!" I call over my shoulder.

I skid to a stop when I reach the wardrobe, Rose crashing into my back and making me jolt forward. The two of us stare in wide-eyed amazement at the massive, gorgeous room that is the TARDIS wardrobe. "I think I might love you, girl," I rub the doorway and she hums happily.

"This is the most clothes I've ever seen..." Rose mutters breathlessly. "I think I might love you, too," she pats the wall beside the door, smiling when she hums.

"This is going to be so much fun!" I squeal, dragging Rose in the direction of some Victorian Era dresses.

***

I twirl a little, looking at myself in the mirror and patting down my dress

I twirl a little, looking at myself in the mirror and patting down my dress. Rose had left a few minutes ago in a black lace top that had off-the-shoulder sleeves, a burgundy skirt, and a black cape; she looked absolutely gorgeous. Me on the other hand? I look ridiculous. I shake my head; there was Christmas in 1860 waiting for me outside, why am I worried about how I look? Cause you'll be with the Doctor, my subconscious helpfully reminds me and my cheeks burn even as I roll my eyes. I don't feel anything for him, I just... feel close to him cause of the connection we share, I tell myself firmly before taking a deep breath and heading to the console room.