So Wait. Start Over. What?!

I quickly drew my dagger and threw it. The drow didn't move as it thought the dagger would pass through him but realization struck him to late. He quickly moved, but it was too late. The dagger had left a nasty cut across his hip, definitely needing stitches. Drizzt turns around quickly and strikes at the drow but he moves just in time to avoid the ranger's attack. The intruder then falls down onto a squatted left knee and his right leg flies out while he spins with his hands and lightly placed foot. Drizzt falls to the ground and hurriedly brings his scimitars in front of his face to block a punch from the other drow. Striking the flat of the blade with one fist, he grabs a throwing knife out of his boot and throws it at me. I dodge by falling into a back bend which makes the intruder think I'm wide open. Wrong. He brings out a blade to strike me in the stomach but just as he gets close enough, I kick up my legs and twist with my arms, hitting the man in the ribs. He grunts and flies into the wall, crumpling into a heap. I move to finish him off but stop as he looks me in the eye. His dark brown eyes are almost black next to his pupils and combined with his onyx skin. His white hair in spikes all over his head but pushed back. His lips are parted as blood leaks from the corner of his mouth, nose bleeding as well. A memory suddenly smashed into me. Riding horse back through the woods near my home, a high pitched laugh ringing out as I almost hit a branch. I take a staggering step back and my hands shake as the dagger in my hand drops to the ground. It can't be him. He's dead. I saw him die.

The drow on the ground gets up slowly and picks up my dagger. Drizzt had gotten up and was watching him warily.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" A light voice rang out.

I look up and see him just looking at my dagger, twirling it through his fingers, and wiping blood from his chin. I whistle and the dagger returns to its sheath and he smiles.

"I thought it was you but I couldn't be sure. You look so different from back then but as you can see, I haven't really changed much." He kept talking.

"I guess not." I reply coolly.

He just glances into my eyes before looking away.

"Thanks for the family reunion. Best be off though. I'll see you around Valkren." He turned to face a shadow in the corner but paused as if remembering something. "It was good to finally see you little sis." And with that he jumped into the shadow, disappearing.

I fell to the floor, unable to hold myself up any longer. Drizzt rushed to my side and propped me up against the wall, then ran to the kitchen to grab some water. He leaned the cup to my lips and I sipped a little bit of it before I nudged it away with my mouth. He got the hint and brought it away from my face, resting it on the table beside my head.

"So. You have a dark elf brother. Care to fill me in at all?" He asked, sitting cross legged on the floor.

"I never knew my real parents. The only warmth I found was in a village of drow." I paused and gauged his reaction. His brows had formed into one and a grimace was gracing his lips.

"They weren't like other drow. They worshipped any god they chose. Meliki, Denir, Avale, Tempest, but not Lolth. Not the dark ones. My real parents had left me alone in the mountains. To die is clearly the real reason." I explained further.

"Then what happened?" He asked quietly.

"I was saved."

Hey guys quick AN, I'm going to make an entire chapter on Valkren's back story so don't be mad this chapter is this short ok? Please and thank you!!