Chapter Fourteen - White Russian

Start from the beginning

The music was blaring by the time they got in. The interior of the club was draped in sparkling silver and gold and there were champagne displays everywhere for when the clock reaches midnight. The countdown clock was projected onto the wall, and she didn't even have to look up to know that a downpour of confetti was going to fall when the time came.

She followed closely behind Levi as he went to the second floor of the nightclub and thru a keypad locked door labeled EMPLOYEES ONLY. Levi took his keys back out of his pocket and used them to open the door labeled OFFICE.

"Hey, Erwin. I'm going to leave this in here."

"No problem."

The man named Erwin was sitting leaning back behind a desk laden with papers, playing on his phone. When he saw the small ginger girl behind Levi he stood up, a smile reaching his lips.

"Hello, you must be Marley."

"Um, yeah, nice to meet you."

"I told you a while back that my friend owned the place. And here he is. His name's Erwin."

"Nice to meet you," Marley says, taking his outstretched hand and shaking it.

"Likewise." Erwin says, returning the smile. "Took her out on the bike?"

"Yeah, parking isn't easy."

"Isn't it too cold for that?" Erwin looks to her, small goosebumps covering her bare legs.

"No, I was fine!" she smiles.

"First drink is on me. To warm up." He smiles, starting for the door. "What can I get for you?"

"Oh, you don't have to-"

"I'll surprise you, then. Levi, you two can hang out in here until she warms up. The office has a seperate heater than the club."

"Nothing too strong. She turns into a wreck," Levi calls after him, sitting down on one of the leather couches in the office. He places the two motorcycles helmets on the coffee table in front of him, leaning back.

"Hey, don't tell him I turn into a wreck!"

"Am I wrong?"

"I guess not, but-"

"Come on, sit down." He motions to the seat next to him, pulling his leather jacket off his shoulders. Once she sits, he drapes it across her lap.

"Aren't you cold?" Marley asks. His jacket had some residual heat on it and was quickly warming her up.

"Men wear pants, unlike women. We don't get cold as easily."

"Ah, right. Thank you."

She couldn't help but feel awkward, so she retreated to her phone. Her friends were almost here so she had some time to kill before then.

Marley is thankful to have Erwin arrive not soon later, two drinks in his hands. He hands them to the pair of them, thick eyebrows raised. "Did I miss anything?"

"Nope," Levi answers quickly.

"Ah, too bad. I got you your usual, Levi. Double shot of scotch neat. And for you, Marley, I think the best way to kick off New Year's Eve is for some sangria. I got you the special of the night, blood orange sangria. That okay?"

"Yeah, that's perfect, thank you!" She smiles and takes the drink gratefully, smiling as she sips it. "It's really good!"

"Isn't it? Our bartenders create their own cocktails. Most of the menu is their own creations. I think this was Ymir's idea."