✗Chapter 47: Denying a Deal✗

You jumped at the familiar voice and dropped your drink; the glass smashing into splinters as you stared at the cold-hearted blonde. Of course he seized his chance and slipped in when Michael wasn't here. He was probably desperate for an opportunity. You stared him down, not even afraid at this point. Hold on, Lucian was missing an eye. Did Michael do that? Good on him. Maybe if you stalled him long enough, Michael would come home and send him running for you. Oh, but you just told him you wanted to be alone!

"Well look what the cat dragged in." You played your fears off casually, stepping away from the broken glass and leaning against the counter.

"You didn't answer my question." Lucian smoothly responded.

You forced yourself to smile, your hand playing with the drawer handle behind you. "I didn't feel like answering."

"That's too bad. I'm only curious as to why Mikey just up and bailed. Did he get bored of protecting you?" His snide little comment began to annoy you, but you remained calm - remembering to draw this out.

"Nope, I was just bored of being a damsel in distress. Besides, you don't scare me as much as you seem to think...unless we're talking about sizes. Let me guess, under three inches?" You pretended to think and then mocked him, pleased when his smug attitude faltered for a second.

"So where is Mikey? He got a little beaten up during our last fight...poor baby." Lucian knew how to push your buttons - a devilish smirk spread out across his punchable face.

"Who knows? Probably out killing - celebrating his win over you. How's the eye, blondie?" You retorted lightly.

"Never better." He darkly replied, obviously touchy about the subject. Well, he'd pushed your buttons before - two can play at that game.

"Iris my case." You murmured in amusement, a smirk of your own sliding onto your face.

"Hilarious, but you really shouldn't push me." His voice slipped into a softer - yet more dangerous - tone as he drew out another one of his daggers.

"Oh? And why not? You push me, it's only fair." You kept your voice level, but you were worried about Michael. Would he come back?

Lucian twirled the dagger between his fingers deftly, thinking for a moment. "You deserve to be pushed...I should never have let Gabby be friends with you."

"All I want is for you guys to stop bothering us! How hard is that to grasp?" You shot back, irritated by his stubborn attitude.

"I'm not here to bother you. I'm here to give you this." He jauntily spoke, holding up a familiar white mask as he awaited your reaction. Michael's mask...how did he get it?

The colour drained from your face when you realised what he must've done. "No...you didn't. Tell me you didn't. Why...? Why go after him, when it's me you want revenge on?" You whispered in horror, frozen to the spot.

"Because I know where to push. It wouldn't pain you to get hurt - it would pain you to lose someone you care about." Lucian grinned wickedly; watching your expression with a pleased eye.

You stayed silent, stunned whilst you stared at the mask with a repulsed gaze. Michael couldn't be-no...you wouldn't believe that. First your father, then your mom losing her order of memories...and now...Michael?

"Poor little (Y/n), losing everything."

The sudden grief you felt dissolved into an empty feeling - your world crumbling down around you.