Chapter 2 Moving To Forks

To say that 14 year old Lexie was pissed that she and her mom had moved to Forks Washington was a complete understatement, she was livid. Not only was she taken from her father and her pack, she was taken away from the one place she called home. But she had to admit the area was very pretty, and Alexis did enjoy the rain.

So as they drove through town following police chief Swan to their destination, Alexis sighed and decided to make the best of it. And once her father was well she'd go back home. And it wasn't like she was going to be completely alone, the Hales would be coming up to visit every now and then, so that the pup didn't feel abandoned.

Her Uncle Charlie drove them to a house one street over from his where there was a nice two story house that he had rented for them, It had four bedrooms 3 1/2 baths, so Lexie got her own bedroom with a shower. The moving van arrived a short time later and they began to unload their furniture. As they did that Alexis ask permission from her mother if she could check out the area, once her mother said yes Lex was gone. She heads straight for the woods to do some sniffing around. The area was completely different from the woods in Beacon Hills, everything was greener. It was mostly pine trees, Lex was going to have to adjust. She searches the area for any sign of danger and about two miles out she catches the scent of something she had never smelled before. She filed the scent away in her memory for later, as she explored she started to feel a little homesick. She knew that her Alpha would come visiting every now and then in order to  train with her, help her get better control of her lycan form. Talia had gotten all the information she could on lycans so that she could train Lexi better and make her more comfortable in her form. So with her aunt's help Lexi accepted that she was different from the rest of the Hale family, but not by much, since the lycan blood ran in their veins, according to Deaton. It only activated in Lexie.

But those visits wouldn't be as long as Alexis would like, the Hales were sworn to protect Beacon Hills so Talia could only stay gone for so long. So it would be her mother, her, and her uncle Charlie.

The years passed slowly, and Alexis did her damnest to occupy her time, her mother had become principal at Forks High School, and Alexis became the star althelete at the school, in everything from soccer, to volleyball, basketball and soccer. Her abilities as a lycan made it all possible. So by the time her junior year rolled around she was a very popular jock. She and her mother got frequent progress reports on her father. From what the doctors could tell, there was no change but from the ears and nose of a werewolf, Peter was slowly healing. Alexis and her mother would take monthly visits to see Peter. They would talk to him and tell him that he wasn't forgotten and that he was still loved.

It was Lex's junior year when things changed. There had been rumors that a new family had moved down from Alaska, a doctor, his wife, and his five adopted children. The kids would be starting school at Forks High School that fall. Lexie wasn't the least bit interested until her mom came home one afternoon during summer registration.

"We have a problem." Elizabeth tells her daughter, as Lexie lies on the couch reading a book. She looks up noticing the alarmed look on her mother's face.

"What happened?"

"The new family coming from Alaska is actually a coven of vampires."

Lexie's lip curls back in a snarl, "Are they a danger to the town?"

"I wouldn't think so, the head of the coven is the new doctor, which means he has controlled his blood lust."

"How did you figure it out," Lexie asks.

"Dr. Cullen came in to register his children for class, fortunately I have that habit of masking my scent since our first encounter with those nomad vampires. But his scent hit me and I knew."