one <3

Silently the four Ramirez siblings stood above their mothers grave, descending in age all dressed in black. Marīa stood wearing a lace low neckline dress, that her mother would definitely not've approved of. Adriana was wearing a more conservative dress than her older sister, though that isn't saying much, the dress she wore was off the shoulder with sheer lace panels along her stomach and legs, complimenting her slim yet curvy figure, her hair was straight flowing down effortlessly behind her shoulders. Matías had his arm wrapped around the youngest and considerably smallest Ramirez: Sienna. Sienna quietly sobbed into Matías' chest; his oversized coat wrapped around them both. Sienna had her hair tied in a messy ponytail her face red and stained with tears. They were there to uphold the pact they made on the day of their mothers funeral nearly 3 years ago, they decided without fail every anniversary of her death they'd all get dressed up and spend some time with her. This day would always be the one time the Ramirez siblings would be seen at their weakest, but that was why it was a family day.

The eldest Ramirez broke the silence pulling out a brown bag containing a bottle of vodka and four mini shot glasses. She handed three to her younger siblings before placing the other on the top of her mothers grave. She filled her mothers first before she went along her siblings, Sienna stood straighter now calmed, Marīa kissed her youngest sisters forehead softly before filling her glass. She pushed a loose hair of her brothers back before filling his, then finally she winked as she filled Adriana's glass causing a weak smile from her sister and best friend. They all stood there for a moment holding their glasses as Marīa raised the bottle still covered in the brown bar and said "To our beautiful mother, you did so much for us and we will all love and honour you forever te amamos mamá [we love you Mum]"
"te amamos" the younger siblings murmured echoing her words before all taking their shot, Sienna grimaced at the taste in contrast to Marīa who continued to drink the vodka straight from the bottle. 

Adriana then stepped forward, her fingers traced the top of the cold, stone grave as she said a few words
"You were and still are the greatest mother we could've asked for, you taught us so much..." she paused taking a deep breath fighting the tears filling up in her eyes. Matías stepped up stroking his sisters shoulder "we all wish we had more time together, but like you said wishing doesn't make it so. I remember one of the last things you said to me was to make something of myself, for us all to and I promise to try my hardest to make you proud." The siblings stood there in a row, Sienna's right arm wrapped around Marīa's waist the other around Adriana's whom was being held by Matías. "We're gonna be just fine" Marīa said her eyes looking up to the clouds where she believed her mother sat watching them all.

It was said all the children inherited their mothers beautiful looks, along with many other traits; her determination, strength, passion and most importantly loyalty to their own. One by one the siblings placed a kiss from their fingers onto their mothers grave before heading towards the car. As her siblings began walking Marīa spun around and necked back the vodka shot for her mother before swiftly returning the glass to her grave and winking to the sky all without her siblings noticing. The drive home was quiet as most years all of them thinking about their loving mother and all she did and sacrificed for them. They had few memories of their father, which was a good thing, he was a nasty man that would be drowning in an ocean of cheap drinks from what they all imagined. The only fault anyone could give their mother was for staying with that man for so long. He would beat her regularly and she stayed with him, but the day she realised he also hit her children was the day she left him. All she wanted was to protect her babies. She packed all their things and got on the next bus to her home town FreeRidge, where she went for the protection of an old friend after their father threatened to kill her and the children, this was the action that landed the Ramirez family into the Prophet gang where they have been since.

After they arrived home Sienna began to pull together a meal, as Adriana read "thinking of you" pity cards aloud from neighbours and prophets on the sofa. Marīa had mysteriously gone out and it was Matías' turn to look out like they all had done over the past couple weeks of summer when they realised Marīa was lying about where she was going. The door slammed and Matías ran through the house filling it with the sound of deep breathes, "Mat are you okay" Adriana asked concerned, he stood leaning against the door frame momentarily holding his finger up pausing her. Sienna came through and sat beside Adriana, looking at him confused. "you...were...right" he said breathlessly "down the...block...the red..el calmino" he said through needed breathes. The girls both knew what he meant, Marīa was being dropped off down the road in this red car with booming music and an unknown driver. None of them understood why she was lying, she usually told them who she was with straight up. Sienna thought she saw his face a few days ago she said he was muscular, with a shaved head and tattooed face and body.

The door then opened breaking them out of their thoughts and Marīa entered shouting "I'm home." Startling Matías, who practically jumped into the seat between Sienna and Adriana. "In here" Adriana yelled now squashed in the sofa. Marīa walked in "What are you guys doing?" she asked confused looking as they all gave her guilty smiles. "Watching tv" "talking" "grieving" they all said at once. "Well the TVs not on, you were all silent when I walked in and seriously Matías have some respect" Marīa said breaking their whole lie in half, she glared at them all for a moment before speaking; "you know what I don't even care, I'm gonna shower and get dressed" she said disinterested as she left the room. In sync Sienna and Adriana slapped Matías' arms "estúpido" Sienna whispered as Adriana rolled her eyes at him

1105 words

{authors note}
urgh sorry it's taken me so long to update, I know this chapter was a bit shit, I just need to set up the characters a bit before I can get into the story, but let me know guys who is your favourite Ramirez?! I'm very excited for the next few chapters where the story can really get going, no spoilers but we will be meeting the Diaz Boys very soon and I'm thinking a family meeting will occur. I will try and update asap, please keep voting and commenting it makes we want to write more 🌟