Chapter 20

I parked on the side of the road, crying. I didn't know that my life would turn on me like this. My father and brother were dead. I killed my ex-fiance. And I ruined a amazing relationship with Michael.

I was a terrible person. I was too emotional and blamed everything on him. I looked up from the wheel, in my mirror and saw another vehicle parked behind mine. Then I realized that Michael was coming out of the car.

I wiped the tears from my eyes as I rolled down the window.

"Can I get in?" He asked. I nodded and he went around to the car and got in.

"What?" I said.

"Please, just let me talk." Michael spoke as I shut my mouth for once.

"Listen, I know you are going threw a lot, with your father and brother dying and you killing your fiance, its a lot. I know, but I still love you." He paused for a second. "If you need to take it out on me, go for it. I can take it, but I can't take not being with you. You need me and I need you. I have always been there for you. Please lets get another fresh start. We can leave this place and never look back. What do you think, Elizabeth?"

Fresh start didn't sound that bad. After all, I was a murder. I killed my ex. Leaving this place wouldn't be too bad.

I looked over at him and took off his sun glasses. I leaned over and kissed him. It felt so good. I felt the same spark I did the very first time he kissed me.

Michael pulled away and gently graced my cheek. "I take that as a yes?"

"Yes." I then pulled him into a kiss.

______________________________________________________________

~3 weeks later~

Michael and I moved into a little 2 bedroom cottage that was right next to this beautiful lake. Our cottage was basically in the middle of no where.

With everything that we have been through, I was very scared, but Michael has his buddies always on watch, just in case something were happen to me or the baby.

Yes, that's right, I'm pregnant! I took a test today and it came out positive. I folded up a oneise that I ordered online, waiting for this moment to give to him. I walked into our little kitchen and placed the oneise on the table and the pregnancy test next to it.

I looked out the window and saw Michael, no shirt, cutting firewood. I opened up the screen door and walked over to him.

"Why don't you come in for something to drink? I'll get you a beer." I smiled as he dropped the ax and placed his arm around my neck.

"A little break won't hurt." He said as we walked up to the cottage.

I opened the screen door and walked towards the fridge and grabbing a beer for him.

"What is this?" Michael said as I turned around and placed the beer on the table.

"Surprise? I took the test today." I said.

"We are going have a baby?" he smiled as I nodded. He wrapped his arms around me. He got down on his knees and held my stomach. "No matter what, I will always protect you, my little son, or daughter."

He came back up to his knees and gazed in my eyes. "I love you so much, Elizabeth."

"I love you too, Mikey." I smiled.

"Marry me." He asked. He got back down on one knee and held out a beautiful ring. "I was going to do this tonight, but I think now would be a better time. Elizabeth, I love you so much. There is nothing I wouldn't do to protect you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and our beautiful child to be. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

I started to cry and nodded my head. "Yes! I will marry you!" He placed the ring on my finger and kissed me.

After everything that had happen, I couldn't of been more happier in my life. I am now engaged to a wonderful man and pregnant with our first child.

I just wished my brother was here to see me now. I know he is looking down on me, smiling from up above.

-The End-

Or is it?