The Final Challenge

Comincia dall'inizio

"I'm gonna freaking die!" I said to myself just before I started across the beam. Duncan was on the other side of the beam helping to encourage me.

"Okay Duncan, I so can't deal with distractions right now!" Heather was on the other side with Justin. "Well, then you're gonna hate this!" She ripped off Justin's shirt, it distracted Courtney, the sharks and the eagles that were trying to get the eggs back. But, like I said before, I'm not interested. I continued across the beam and put the egg in the nest.

"Hmm is that all you got?" I asked Heather as I walked by. Courtney made it across eventually, but by the time she made it across, I was already doing the long distance run back to the finish. Duncan was still running next to me talking. I didn't realize that I was still mad about the whole him and Courtney thing, until he mentioned it.

"You know, when I was hanging out with Courtney, she said that she thought you were kind of intimidating."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she also said that she wanted to-"

"You know, I have a great idea."

"What?"

"If you're going to keep talking about her, why don't you go cheer for her."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the fact that I'm still mad that you were with her!" I started to run faster, so I could get away from him, but he ran after me.

"Wait. Really?"

"Yes."

"I thought you didn't care about it?"

"I thought I didn't either. Turns out I did. Err- I do."

I started to sprint and so did he. I could hear Courtney and Heather getting closer. I looked behind us and saw that they were only a few feet behind us and the finish line was about 5 in front of us. I wasn't sure if I wanted to win this thing anymore. I was just so fed up with everyone and this whole stupid camp that I wished I wasn't a finalist. But what Courtney said to Duncan as she passed us, made my mind up for me.

"I'll win this for you Duncan! With the money, I can get Clover thrown into jail, and buy a house for us to start our own family!" Heather stuck her tongue out at me as she passed and I stopped running.

"Clover? What are you doing? Run!"

"No. If she wants to win so bad, let her." I turned my head toward the finish line and saw Courtney cross the finish line.

'Besides, I know you like me more. So her dreams can't happen.'  I thought to myself

"Why'd you do it?" Gwen asked as I came to the finish.

"Because, she was more determined to get it than I was."

"And the argument with Duncan?"

"When don't we argue Bridge?" I laughed.

"Well, campers! I'm a little shocked, but happy to say that Courtney has won the One million dollars! So, congratulations Courtney! And thank you everyone who participated on Total Drama Island!"

I went over and congratulated Courtney.. before punching her in the face for the comment she made to Duncan. While we waited for our boats to come and take us back home, we had one last campfire. Chris gave Courtney the final marshmallow that he had. She gave a stupid speech then sat back down.

"Hey Owen, you know what time it is?" Geoff asked while getting up. Owen nodded and gave Chris a weird look. Owen, Geoff, and Duncan picked up Chris and carried him out to the docks.

"No. Guys, come on! My hair! No. No. No. GUYS!"

"One, two, three" They counted, then threw Chris into the water.

We all laughed and Chef came up behind us. "Man. I've wanted to do that all summer. How does that feel pretty boy, huh?" he taunted Chris. "Hey Chef, you're next." Said Owen while Chef started to run away. The guys chased him down and eventually caught him and threw him in the water. When they were chasing him, boats came and went. Sadie, Katie, Zeke, Trent, Noah, Izzy, Tyler, Leshawna, Justin, Cody, DJ, Beth, Lindsay, and Harold had all gotten picked up and left the camp for good. The only ones left were Heather, Bridgette, Courtney, Gwen, Geoff, Owen, Duncan, and I. When they finally threw him in the ocean, Heather, Bridgette, Geoff, and Courtney's boats arrived. All that was left was Duncan, Gwen, Owen, and I. We were still on the dock when Owen jumped into the water. I pushed Gwen in, and Duncan pushed me in then jumped in himself. We had a splash fight with Chris and Chef. After awhile, we went back to the fire and warmed up. Owen was next to leave. Then it was me. I hugged Gwen and walked to the dock. Duncan chased after me.

"Wait! Clover wait!" He caught up to me and grabbed my shoulder. "Clover, I don't want to leave things like this. Look, I'm sorry that I mentioned Courtney more than I should've. I just- I don't know how to express my feelings."

"I know. And you're forgiven." I hugged him, gave him a quick kiss goodbye, and headed to the boat.

"Hello ma'am welcome aboard again!" Brandon said as I boarded the boat. "Hey Brandon. It's nice to see you again."

I walked to the bow of the boat and waved goodbye to Gwen, Chris, Chef, and Duncan. After the camp was out of view, I sat down with my feet dangling off of the boat and put my headphones on. I looked at the passing trees, then laid back and looked up at the night sky.