Chapter Two

(Harry’s P.O.V.) 

Stuck in the back of a cab with Erin Poulsen. No thank you. Sure our relationship was great, but it ended on a bad note. And that was note that I had tried my hardest to forget over the past year and a half.

She still hated me. I could see it in the way her brown eyes shot daggers. Back when we were together, they used to hold a warm fire that made my stomach erupt into butterflies.

Those butterflies were dead now.

And so I was sitting in a cab with somebody that I used to know. I smirked to myself, thinking of the song. It was a catchy song.

“Harry!” Erin said sharply. I looked up in surprise. “We’re here.”

I got out of the cab and thanked the driver. Erin walked over and joined me. We stared at the beach dully. “This should be fun,” Erin grumbled, crossing her arms.

“Look, I don’t want to lose my job. So can we just…forget what happened?” I asked turning to Erin. She glared at me, sizing me up.

“On one condition,” she said stiffly. I raised my eyebrows.

“What’s that?”

“Admit that you cheated on me,” she answered. I felt another surge of anger boil to the surface. She was so damn stubborn. I really didn’t cheat on her, it just looked like I had. Those stupid texts had ruined my relationship with the girl in front of me.

“I swear to you, I did not,” I said, trying to keep my voice level. She scoffed and turned away, walking down the sidewalk. I hurried behind her. “Where are you going?”

“To buy a swimsuit,” she said shortly. We continued in silence, both of us feeling uncomfortable in the presence of the other. We walked into a surf shop and Erin ditched me immediately.

I walked around the store and found a pair of swim trunks and went to buy them. I met Erin at the checkout counter. I normally would have offered to pay, but I didn’t like Erin.

So I didn’t offer.

We went back out to the beach, still not speaking a word. We went into separate changing areas and changed into our swimsuits. Unsurprisingly, I was done first. I waited outside, pondering the ways I could be spending my day otherwise. Of course Erin would be in this movie. I had tried my hardest to forget her; our break up had been a nasty one. I got a vase thrown at my head.

Erin walked out of the dressing room in her swimsuit and found myself drooling. Crap. I’d forgotten how beautiful she was. Her brown, crazy hair flowed down to her shoulders perfectly and her eyes had the sparkle to them - 

Snap out of it, Harry!

“What are you looking at?” she asked uncomfortably.

“Nothing,” I grumbled.  We started walking. “I think we need to work out a way to be able to stand being around each other. At least while we’re filming.”

Erin glared at the area ahead of her. “I hate you, Harry Styles. But I want this job. So what do you suggest?”

I scowled at her. She was so full of herself. She thinks that just because she became famous and prettier she runs the world. “Why don’t we just pretend nothing happened?”

She scoffed. “Nothing happened.”

“Like we don’t even know each other,” I said. She glared at me. “At least while we’re filming. Any other time we see each other, we can hate all we want.”

“What a relief. You’re a douche bag and your hair is weird,” she said taking her opportunity. I put a hand to my head.

“Hey! I have sex hair!” I argued. She rolled her eyes. “Fine. You’re a stuck up, spoiled, bitch who always gets her way. And when you don’t, you throw tantrums like a five year old.”