After making the appropriate phone calls and having the meeting in order, Mary went to invite Agnes over for a girl’s night in. Mary slipped herself into the elevator just before it closed, after adjusting her blazer she looked around and saw that she wasn’t alone.

Turning she shot a smile at Dave, who was huddled in the farthest crevice of the elevator away from Mary. Fear lanced in his eyes, and for a moment Mary thought about apologizing for frightening him. Thinking better of it, she reached across and let her fingers linger in front of the floor buttons.

“What floor?” she asked politely.

Dave swallowed and stammered out, “Third.”

“How convenient, same here. Guess  we are stuck together for a while,” Mary said playfully, trying to lighten the air.

Dave turned a pale shade of green and the sweat began to accumulate on the tops of his eyebrows. Deciding to leave Dave alone, Mary flicked through her messages and waited for the couple of minutes to be over.

Once the elevator dinged, Dave bolted out. Shaking her head, Mary made her way to Agnes’s office, smiling at her employees as she passed by. Some smiled back at her, but most reacted like Dave did, and adverted their eyes.

Frowning, Mary burst into Agnes’s office and blurted, “Am I mean?”

Agnes looked up at her friend and smiled before she said, “I don’t think so, but that’s just me. I’ve known you since college.”

Plopping ungraciously into the leather seat across from Agnes, she sighed.

“What?” Agnes asked, keeping her eyes on the spread that she was working on. Even though Mary was her best friend, that didn’t mean that she could slack off on her work.

“Coz Dave nearly peed himself in the elevator today. And ninety percent of employees that I try to be nice to look like they are going to faint. It’s annoying,” Mary grumbled as she opened up a random app on her phone.

“People suck, the end,” Agnes stated, her nailed tapping against the keyboard.

Mary frowned, “There are my people. They can’t suck. They work for me.”

Agnes shrugged her shoulders and looked up at Mary before she replied, “Honestly, I don’t think you are mean. But you’re kinda  crazy when you want things done and it can scare people I guess.”

Mary’s frowned deepened for a second before she huffed and said, “Whatever, that’s not why I came here. You wanna come over and watch the Bachelor with me? I think Kelly is gunna leave tonight and I need someone to celebrate with coz she sucks.”

Agnes smiled, “Heck yea, I hate Kelly!”

The day passed and Agnes went home with Mary so that they could eat gluttonous amounts of ice cream together and yell at the television. After the successful elimination of Kelly, the two friends laid sprawled on the couch and discussed their plans for the Christmas Charity Gala that was being hosted by Mary.