The Pandorica Opens ~ The Exploding Tardis

Start from the beginning

After a long period of time riding in silence to Stonehenge we finally reach the old weathered rocks. The Doctor gets off of his horse and approaches mine, helping me down, but through all the chivalry I could see the worry in his eyes. "We'll get through this we'll work it out." I promise him quietly as River and Amy get off their horses.
"Mackenzie, when Rory died I'd reached into the crack and pulled out an object, that object was a broken piece of the Tardis, the Tardis explodes and that's what causes the cracks in time." He whispers to me, I feel my stomach drop at the possibility that the Tardis could actually explode.
"Like I said, we'll work it out, just remember you've got one more Time Lord mind this time." I tell him and he nods kissing my forehead before walking into the circle of stones, scanning the old rocks.
"How come it's not new?" Amy asks.
"Because it's already old. It's been here thousands of years. No one knows exactly how long." I tell her approaching her and River.
"Okay, this Pandorica thing. Last time we saw you, you warned us about it, after we climbed out of the Byzantium." Amy claims following River.
"Spoilers." River replies.
"No, but you told the Doctor you'd see him again when the Pandorica opens." Amy insists as River scans the rocks, I look over to look at the scanner to see that it was picking up fry particles everywhere.
"Maybe I did, but I haven't yet. But I will have. Doctor, I'm picking up fry particles everywhere. Energy weapons discharged on this site." River calls to the Doctor.
"If the Pandorica is here, it contains the mightiest warrior in history." I state.
"Now, half the galaxy would want a piece of that. Maybe even fight over it. We need to get down there." The Doctor says as he presses his ear to one of the stones.

As night time finally approaches I had changed into a different set of clothes that River had given to me, she'd told me that I had given them to her to wear, saying that it would become my favourite outfit, it was my signature look, like how the Doctor's stupid bowtie and jacket was his signature look. We all stand around the Alter Stone at the centre of Stonehenge lights set up all around us. On the Alter Stone River had put a device on each corner and was holding her scanner which would activate the stone. "Right then. Ready." River tells us. The sound of machinery fills the night air as the Alter Stone moves aside to reveal a staircase hidden beneath leading under Stonehenge.
"The Underhenge." The Doctor states as I stand in between River and the Doctor my hand firmly clasped in his. The Doctor takes out his screwdriver and points it ahead of his using it both as a weapon and a torch as he leads me forwards. As we enter into a cave the Doctor lights a torch to reveal a set of huge wooden doors and he takes off the bolt lock and going to the other door we both push it open to reveal the Pandorica.
"It's a Pandorica." The Doctor tells us.
"More than just a fairy tale." I state, looking to the Doctor a small smile on my face, amazed that we were stood in front of this giant box. As we approach it I go ahead remembering the part of the book I read a few days ago talking of the Pandorica. "There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior. A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world." I recite the text that I remembered, Amy looked at me confused. "Photographic memory." I tell her.
"How did it end up in there?" Amy asks.
"You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it." The Doctor replies.
"I hate good wizards in fairy tales. They always turn out to be him or her, they like to rub it in sometimes." River tells Amy.
"So, it's kind of like Pandora's Box, then? Almost the same name." Amy says.
"Sorry, what?" The Doctor asks.
"The story. Pandora's Box, with all the worst things in the world in it. That was her favourite book when we were kids. What's wrong?" I clarify and the look on the Doctor's face tells me this isn't a good thing.
"Your favourite school topic. Your favourite story. Never ignore a coincidence, unless you're busy. In which case, always ignore a coincidence." The Doctor says to Amy walking away.
"So can you open it?" River asks.
"Easily. Anyone can break into a prison. But I'd rather know what I'm going to find first."
"You won't have long to wait. It's already opening. There are layers and layers of security protocols in there, and they're being disabled one by one. Like it's being unlocked from the inside." River says scanning it.
"How long do we have?" I ask beside River.
"Hours at most." River replies looking between me and the Doctor.
"What kind of security?" The Doctor questions.
"Everything. Deadlocks, time stops, matter lines." River answers.
"What could need all that?" The Doctor asks.
"What could get past all that?" I correct his question, knowing that was more scary.
"Think of the fear that went into making this box. What could inspire that level of fear? Hello, you. Have we met?" The Doctor talks to the box.
"So why would it stat to open now?" I ask.
"No idea." The Doctor says still looking at the Pandorica.
"And how could Vincent have known about it? He won't even be born for centuries." Amy reminds us of the artist and I look to her and then River.
"The stones. These stones are great big transmitters, broadcasting a warning to everyone, everywhere, to every time zone. The Pandorica is opening." The Doctor walks to the pillars.
"Doctor, everyone, everywhere?" I ask, thinking of all the bad aliens in the universe.
"Even poor Vincent heard it, in his dreams. But what's in there? What could justify all this?" The Doctor asks ignoring my question.
"Doctor, everyone?" I repeat.
"Anything that powerful, I'd know about it. Why don't I know?" He starts to get frustrated.
"Doctor, you said everyone could hear it. So who else is coming?" I ask finally getting his attention.
"Oh." The Doctor says simply, finally understanding what I was asking.
"Oh? Oh, what?" Amy asks.
"Okay. If it is basically a transmitter, we should be able to fold back the signal." River says, connecting her scanner to one of the pillars.
"Doing it." The Doctor says as he goes around the bases of the stones with his screwdriver.
"Doing what?" Amy asks as I rush off over to River to look at the readings.
"Stonehenge is transmitting. It's been transmitting for a while, so who heard?" I say to make it clear to Amy.
"Okay, should be feeding back to you now. River, Mackenzie, what's out there?" The Doctor asks hastily.
"Give us a moment." I tell him as the reading start to come up.
"River, Mackenzie, quickly. Anything?" Finally the results come up and River and I look to each other, terrified by the result.
"Around this planet there are at least ten thousand starships." I say looking the Doctor straight in the eye, fear clouding his own for a second before he pushes it away.
"At least?" Amy asks.
"Ten thousand, a hundred thousand, a million, I don't know. There's too many readings." River reads.
"What kind of starships?" The Doctor asks.
"Maintaining orbit." The voice of a Dalek sounds. "I obey. Shield cover compromised on ion sectors." Another one continues.
"Daleks. Those are Daleks." Amy states the name we all know and I had grown to really hate throughout my reading. I look to the Doctor, having a new understanding of the past the Doctor had with the Daleks.
"Scan detects no temporal activity." The Voices continue as we listen in silence. "Soft grid scan commencing." Another speaks. "Reverse thrust for compensatory stabilisation." First.
"Daleks, Doctor." I say to him breathing.
"Launch preliminary armaments protocol." Is the last the Dalek says before the Doctor starts to speak quickly.
"Yes. Okay, okay, okay, okay. Dalek fleet, minimum twelve thousand battleships, armed to the teeth. Ah! But we've got surprise on our side. They'll never expect four people to attack twelve thousand Dalek battleships. Because we'd be killed instantly. So it would be a fairly short surprise."
"Ok so forget surprise." I tell him. A new voice sounds, one that I hadn't heard before.
"Doctor, Cyberships." River says as my head spins to River looking at her surprised, I hadn't read much about them, but what I had read of the Cybermen I didn't like.
"No, Dalek ships. Listen to them. Those are Dalek ships." The Doctor denies.
"Yes. Dalek ships and Cyberships." I tell him looking at the readings.
"Well, we need to start a fight, turn them on each other. I mean, that's easy. It's the Daleks. They're so cross." The Doctor says, calming down a bit.
"Sontaran. Four battlefleets." River says.
"Sontarans! Talk about cross, who stole all their handbags?" The Doctor says figuring out how to send them away, but then more readings appear as River reads them out, dread flooding through me as I realise this is going to be bloody difficult.
"Terileptil. Slitheen, Chelonian, Nestene, Drahvin. Sycorax, Haemogoth, Zygon, Atraxi, Draconian. They're all here for the Pandorica." River says as the Doctor and I go to the Pandorica, scared.
"What are you? What could you possibly be?" The Doctor asks before we all go running out of the Underhenge to above ground to seeing lights flying around in the sky.
"What do we do?" I ask from beside the Doctor as I grab his hand, terrified by the presence of all these alienships.
"Doctor, listen to me. Everything that ever hated you is coming here tonight, Mackenzie everything that will ever come to hate you is here. You can't win this. You can't even fight it. Doctor, this once, just this one time, please, you have to run." River pleads and I turn to look at her, my eyes saddening at the thought that eventually I will come to upset all these aliens and have them hate me as they hate the Doctor.
"Run where?" The Doctor asks.
"Fight how?" River answers with her own question. The Doctor then takes our his binoculars and a smile rises on his face.
"The greatest military machine in the history of the universe."
"What is? The Daleks?" Amy asks as the Doctor hands me the binoculars.
"No. No, no, no, no, no." The Doctor tells Amy and I see what he means as a smile graces my own lips.
"The Romans."