TEN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SHE KNEW WHAT she did was wrong. She knew to never disobey Fury's orders but she could not help it. She wanted to hear his side and now she regretted it because all she can feel right now is guilt. Guilt for being selfish. She knew deep down that she would have been able to prevent all the recent tragedy in his life if only she was there by his side.

Fury knew of the tension between the family but he didn't know the extent of it until he's seen it with his own eyes. Loki truly was a wicked man. Not only did he find humor in killing but he finds pleasure in his own sister. Only someone like him can condone such a heinous crime.

"Did I not order you to stay clear of Loki?" Fury demanded. He wasn't angry, he was more curious. Nanna was an agent who strictly followed orders. So how the hell did she disobey his orders.

"You did" she muttered.

"Than why the hell were you in his cell?" He asked. He could see her fidgeting in her seat. He sighed pulling away from her.

"I wanted to see him. I wanted to better understand him" she spoke softly. Fury turned to her crossing his arms. He had a feeling something like this would occur with the two under the same roof

"Well did you get your answers?" He spoke gruffly. Nanna shook her head. Fury walked over to a screen and tapped it on. The video before her showed Loki continuously pounding on the glass, crying her name out. This caused Nanna to perk up

"How has he not fallen yet?" She asked. Surely by all that heavy hitting, the cage would have dropped.

"I turned the trap door off. I can't let him go just yet. I have too many questions that need to be answered" he told her. Silence seeped through the room. Fury knows that his plan may or may not work but he's willing to take the risk.

"I'm relocating you" he said after a long pause of silence. Nanna looked at him in shock.

"Why?" She asked. Surely disobeying Fury once isn't enough to relocate her to another facility.

"Because right now I'm putting everyone in this helicarrier in danger by shutting off that trap door. He won't stop until he gets to you. So I'm stationing you somewhere else for the meantime" Fury walked around his desk and grabbed a Manila folder on his desk. Nanna stood up from her seat.

"But sir-" she tried to argue but Fury's glare shut her up. She had no other choice but to obey his wishes. It was for the greater good. And she knew not to disobey her commanding leader.
Fury walked around his desk and handed Nanna the files.

"There's been an attempted break in at one of SHIELD's smaller compounds. It's unclear what was being looked for but we suspects it's some data plans for an upcoming project. I want you to retrieve the plans and return it to the headquarters in DC" he explained as her eyes scanned the many written words on the paper.

"You leave first thing in the morning" Nanna sighed and stood from her seat. She left his office with the folder tucked underneath her arm.
Maybe it was for the best. Nanna didn't exactly feel safe around her once beloved brother. And if he claims to care for her as much as he does, he will stop at nothing to break through the glass.

As she passed through the halls, she catches the attention of the captain himself who was having a conversation with Thor. She held a look of distaste on her face.
She was a mysterious woman. He's maybe heard a few stories about her when he was a young child but never in a million years did he believe the myths to be true yet here he was talking to the god of thunder himself.
But he couldn't help but notice the glances the Two siblings would give each other.

"I hope this doesn't sound weird but what's up with Nanna and Loki?" He asked. The question was very forward but curiosity got the better of him. Thor sighed wondering how to explain the situation between his two beloved siblings.

"Nanna and Loki were very close growing up. They both adored each other. They were basically attached to the hip. They did everything from reading to sparing. They loved one another but Loki has other feelings for her. As time went on he began to develop an unhealthy obsession over Nanna. That is why Nanna has stayed here because she believes that her presence will only cause more destruction" Thor explained but Steve continued to have a confused daze on his face. He just recently found out that mythological gods existed but he didn't realize how dysfunctional they truly are.

"So what your saying is that your siblings were involved with one another? Isn't that incest?" he scratched his head. Thor was struggling with his choice of words as midgardians frown upon such actions.

"Marriage within the family is not shunned where I am from. But it is not advised." he explained slowly. Steve tried to wrap his head around the concept but just found it bizzare.

"That's a little weird" he commented.

"It is but my sister took immediate actions as soon as she was informed of Loki's true feelings" Thor added. As he recalls his words, he could not help but feel as if the entire conflict could have been avoided if only Nanna never left.

"Well she's gonna have to take action again because she's being relocated" Natasha told them as she took a seat by Steve. The two men looked confused.

"Why is she being relocated?" Steve asked.

"Fury says that her presence here is a threat. She's been assigned another assignment" she frowned leaning back into her chair, Her mood souring.

"Where?" Thor asked. Natasha shrugged.

"I don't know. You're gonna have to ask her" she bid the men goodbye after grabbing a small snack. Steve left after Natasha leaving Thor alone by himself.