We arrived at the diner first and decided to take a table that was outside. Serenity hated it but I actually think it's a pretty day outside and only slightly cold which is unusual for Nevada but I didn't mind it.

"Aye, shorty!" My attention turned from my phone towards the door where TJ walked towards me with a grin on his face. I smile and stood up to give him a hug. One thing I had to admit, TJ is a handsome brown-skin man. His teeth were perfectly straight and collegiate white while his lips kept a pink color onto them. Then he has incredibly high cheekbones that whenever he grins his goofy grin, dimple forms in his cheeks.

"How many times do I have to tell you I'm average height, dammit." I mumbled as I slapped his bicep.

"Yeah, whatever." He laughs as he wrapped his arm around my lower back for a hug. "It's been too long."

"It's been three weeks." I snickered. "And we literally talk everyday."

"Damn, so a nigga can't miss seeing you now?" He says while pretending to be hurt. "You see how your friend does me?" He questions Serenity as they share a brief embrace.

"She a trip." Serenity shrugs.

"Speaking of friends, how come we always hanging out with my friends? We've been friends for four months and I never met your boys. So who really a trip, Teetee?"

TJ mugs me as I smirk. "Didn't I say don't call me that? T and J is already a nickname, I don't need another one." He says while throwing straw paper at me.

"Don't avoid the question, T and J." I mock while giggling. Many of the times we text each other TJ would mention his friends, but I never actually seen them or knew any of their names. Whenever he refers to one he just says 'the homie'.

"I ain't know you wanted to meet them niggas. They really ain't that special." He mutters while slouching down in his seat. I purse my lips.

"Wow, talking down on your friends are we?" Serenity says sarcastically.

"Exactly!" I laugh. "So you're saying you don't bring them around because they're lame?"

"I didn't say that. I'm just saying I didn't know you wanted to meet them." He retorts while kissing his teeth.

"Well, why not? Maybe we could all get together and do something." I suggest.

"Partay!" Serenity danced in her seat while sticking her tongue out. TJ and I laugh as he shakes his head.

"Y'all a trip." He chuckles.

>>>>

I pursed my lips as I sat in the living room, getting lectured by my parents as usual. Since I recently just graduated college with a degree in Education, they expect for me to have my whole life planned out but I don't. I'm so used to them choosing my way that I don't know exactly what I want to do.

"So you just expect to move back in and chill for a while?" My dad questioned.

"I mean, yeah. At least until I find a place on my own."

"A place? You barely got a job! Picking and choosing when you want to work at that The Goodies Bakery is not a real job." My dad growls.

"Like I was saying, a coworker of mine was just telling me about this flight attendant job that is opening up. I really think you should apply, Genesis." My mom says. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I thought we agreed on me being a teacher?"

I felt like a sixteen year old child whenever it came to them. For some reason, I fear of disapproval so I picked a major that I thought would make them happy.