Chapter 4 - With Silver Needles Comes Great Responsibility

Start from the beginning

In one fluid motion, she flicked her hands and the heavy metal locks fell into place trapping her here with the four men.

"Heh, are you mad woman? You must really be lonely to go through such extreme measures just to get in a room with us. But don't worry." A disgusting grin lit up his face. "We'll make sure you get lots of loving."

As the man stepped forward, he felt something tingle in his foot, but he quickly dismissed it at seeing such a beautiful girl cornered in front of him. The sword in his hand glinted menacingly as he slowly walked towards her. His gait was cocky and arrogant as if he'd already won. And behind him, the other three men had also already stopped to wait and watch the show. 

Seeing this, Feng Yao couldn't help but allow a delighted smile to appear on her face.

"So full of yourself aren't you? What did you say? Can't wait to feel up a woman like me? With terrible manners like yours, it's no wonder why even a prostitute refuses to sleep with you."

Feng Yao's eyes were full of laughter as she lazily leaned against the door behind her. The cold wood pressed sharply into her ribs, but she was having too much fun to realize. 

At her words, the man's face darkened as he growled at her. "What'd you say?"

Feng Yao blinked innocently as she asked with confusion. "I don't know. What did I say again? I can't seem to remember. After all, I'm just a whore, right?" 

Suddenly, the man's vision blurred. Was it because her smile was too beautiful? Or was it something else? Without warning, her figure abruptly appeared inches away from his face. It was like she had simply just materialized out of thin air.

His eyes widened before he realized that his heart had already been punctured. He couldn't even manage a scream before his entire body collapsed heavily to the ground with a loud thud. As he laid on the ground, his unseeing eyes stared blankly at the direction of his heart which had a single silver needle sticking out of it. 

Seeing this, the three other men rushed over. "How dare you, you whore! You won't be able to beat us with the same trick!"

But just before they could reach her, a painful wave of agony hit them and constricted their chests. Their faces turned an ugly shade of red as they gasped for air, but it was already too late. With mouths wide open in a silent scream, they fell dead only an inch away from her own two feet.

She glanced at them with a gaze filled with undisguised disgust. Bending down, she whispered softly as if they could still hear. "One of the largest rules of war is to strike when the opponent is overconfident." 

Her lips twisted upwards into a cruel smile as her voice became icy. "And don't forget to tell the God of the Underworld that you had the honor of personally getting sent down by me."

After a moment, she silently she moved towards each man's feet. Unfortunately for them, in their great chase running after her, they had failed to realize that they'd stepped right onto the poisoned silver needles she had planted on the ground. With their running that increased their rate of blood flow and the adrenaline flowing in their veins, the poison quickly became activated without them even having the chance to figure out they were already dead.

Of course because of this, Feng Yao stabbing that man in the heart with the needle wasn't necessary either. But she did enjoy seeing the brief looks of fear that appeared on the remaining men's faces at the sight of it. 

With a weight taken off of her shoulders, she began to softly hum as she disposed of the bloody needles. And as for where she ended up finding these needles in the first place? 

I hope that person won't be too angry once she realizes that I stole her secret pouch of silver needles. But you know what they say; always hold onto your weapons responsibly or else a greater master will take them.

...Or is that just my own saying?

Feng Yao shrugged, not willing to think anymore.

*  *  *  *  *

Authors Note:

Wow! Thanks so much for all the votes and comments! I'm so happy that people are enjoying my story!

You all deserve sparkles and virtual hugs~

 (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (Oohh, sparkles)

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°  (Aahh, more sparkles)

Haha, but in all reality, I can't wait for you guys to see more of what Feng Yao does. And of course, who could forget about the romance? 

( ' ∀ ')ノ~ ♡