chapter 1-"meeting the bride"

IMPORTANT NOTE: this book was a fanfic now changed. So if you see comments with old names of the characters before being changed, don't get confused.

This was my first book so expect some cringe and embarrassing moments but it's not so bad maybe I don't know see for yourself. Note I was 14, so I was on some hormonal teenage shit when I wrote this.

+SELENA ROSE'S POV

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm but at least it's worth it today since I am going to Hawaii.
I love Hawaii and I have been there a lot.

I plan alot of weddings there so i am forced to stay for a long time there, which made me get my own apartment and make some friends so that I don't feel lonely when I go.

Most of the couples love their weddings at the beach  or have it at some expensive place there.

I went to the bathroom, washed my face with my face wash and brushed my teeth then head out to get changed.

I changed into a white shirt and grey sweatpants. I put my curly hair in an almost messy ponytail. I didn't care about how I looked, i knew that as soon as I get on that flight I was going to sleep and look even more dead.

I love it here in New Jersey a lot. Jersey has all my childhood memories. It feels like home here and the best part is that I live alone. I love my parents a lot but I have always wanted to own a place and live alone.

I never thought about falling in love because of my last relationship, to be even more specific I have no time. Work takes up all my time and plus relationships are a waste of time to me.

I always get asked if I am married or not since people always assume that being a wedding planner means you are married and that's why you chose the job. It's just something that i love doing.

I pulled my luggage out of the house and locked the door. I just had a cup of coffee for breakfast because I wasn't hungry.

I got in the car and started driving to the airport. It's eight in the morning and my flight leaves in two hours. My phone dinged and i glanced at it to see who texted me and it was a text from my boss.

I opened the text and it said "Good morning Selena I hope you have a safe flight. When you arrive there is going to be a driver waiting for you. Enjoy."Mrs.Adams texts me the same thing every time I plan a wedding that is not in jersey.

I arrived at the airport and I am glad I arrived on time. I got my luggage out and entered the airport. Mrs.Adams sends someone to bring my car back home when I travel.

I sat there waiting for the flight after finishing all the checks. I was fiddling with the promise ring that my boyfriend gave me five years ago.

Sadly he broke the promise and left me without a reason.

I refuse to call him ex boyfriend because I never ended things from my side.

We were together today then suddenly the next day he left without a word. I don't know why I still have it.

I guess I still have hope for us.

Don't call me crazy, I mean we have known each other for so long that I can't even remember. I don't think that I have hope for us. I think I am holding on to this ring because it holds so many good memories that aren't easy to let go of.