Intro

On September, 11 2001, Al Qaeda terrorists aboard 4 hijacked passenger planes carried out against the World Trade Centers in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., killing everyone on board the planes and nearly 3,000 people on the ground. A fourth plane on its way to the White House was purposefully crashed by the passengers who bravely managed to fight back their would be attackers sacrificing their lives to prevent an attack at the heart of America. The next page is a chronology of the events of 9/11 as they unfolded. (EDT).

When 9/11 struck thousands of civilians and first responders lost their lives to the attacks. The attacks were not religiously motivated. They were orchestrated by extremists claiming to be Muslims however the rest of the Islamic community condemned their actions. The motivation was terrorism and breaking America's spirit. They succeeded for awhile as onlookers watched the Towers, a then symbol of America's strength as a country, fell. People were unable to contact their loved ones because cell phone towers were overwhelmed with incoming 911 calls.

The aftermath of the attacks made airport security tripple. It also led to the torture and death of several dozen Muslims at the hands of the CIA who were attempting to locate Osama bin Laden. The CIA went on for years torturing anyone they thought had connections. They used methods such as waterboarding and starving their prisoners. There were probably hundreds of Muslims who were tortured at the hands of the CIA. The treatment of prisoners almost rivaled that of the Nazi's treatment of their prisoners. Americans began attacking at random people who appeared to be Arabic or Muslim. I still witness disrespect towards Muslims and Arabs in fact I have seen people bully kids just because they were Muslims. People say it's not racist because Muslims aren't a race. They're wrong. There are different types of racism: Cultural Racism and Ethnic Racism. Racism involving religious groups is Cultural Racism contrary to popular belief Cultural Racism is far more common than Ethnical Racism.