Peter stepped closer to the suit, wanting to say something but had all the words stuck in his mouth.

I took a few step foreword to join the group.

"After the conference, Sykes will show you to your new room. I think he's next to Vision." Whilst Tony talked, I could see the cogs in Peter's head turning, trying to decided what to do. He needed reassurance. I could see he was overwhelmed right now.

"You don't have to Peter." I spoke up, Peter turned to me. "You can go back to being the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man if you want to. Nothing is set in stone." I assured Peter.

"She's right buuuut being a part of the team is something he's always wanted." Tony said through a smile, trailing the but.

"Buuut he's also entitled to options, Tony Stank." I mimicked  and poked fun at Tony, which he did not like. I liked it though, I thought it was funny.

"It's your choice kid." Tom spoke up, holding his infamous clipboard in his hands. I gave Peter a smile, letting him know whatever he was going to say would be okay with us.

Peter looked from me, to Tony and back at the suit, he nodded to himself,  making his decision final.

"I'm sorry, Mr Stark. I think I'd like to stay as, Ashley said, the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man." Tony looked disappointing, but he understood. "I hope that's okay, Miss Gomez." Peter turned to me, with the most sorry look a kid could give on his face.

"It's okay, Peter. Can't make you do this if you don't want to. The option will always be there in case you change your mind." I informed Peter. Peter nodded, took one last look at the suit and then back at me.

"Thank you, Miss Gomez. Mr Stark." Peter turned to nod to Tony, who still looked sad that Peter turned down his proposition.

"No hard feelings kid." Tony gave a smile, telling Peter it was okay.

"I'll see you out, Mr Parker." Tom stepped to the side, in order for Peter to walk next to him.

Before Peter left, he held his first out for me to bump, and with a smile on my face I did just that.

"See ya, Peter." I gave Peter a little wave as he walked off with Tom next to him.

I could see Tom striking up conversation with Peter, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. He seemed interested though.

Suddenly, Peter stopped walking and turned back to us. Confusing all of us, including Tom.

"That was a test right?" He didn't think it was real. Great! "There's no one behind there." Peter pointed to the conference room.

"Yep. You passed." Tony lied, not wanting to make it real cause he would probably change his mind if he knew it was real. "Now get him out of here, Syko." I hated Tony's nickname for Tom, and Tom hated it too.

Peter nodded, content with the answer, and turned to continue walking out with Tom by his side.

I could see the look on Tony's face. He really cared about what happened to Peter.

"Never thought I'd see you as a dad." I found myself saying my thoughts once again. My filter disappeared.

"Still not going to." Tony quipped back, not wanting to think about all that right now.

"Hey." I looked to the press room door and smiled. Pepper had just walked out and met us. "Where's the kid?" She asked as she stood next to Tony. Since they broke up there's been distance between them, but now it seems different. Pepper actually wants to spend time with Tony.

"He left." Happy answered.

"You screwed this up? I have a room full of people waiting for some big announcement. What am I going to tell them?" Pepper asked, her arms crossing against her chest.

"I could confirm the rumours." I spoke up, Tony, Happy and Pepper all looked to me. This was always an option, even if Peter said yes. I needed to tell them sometime. Better now than later.

"You don't have to do that now. Um Happy, you got that ring?" Tony asked his bodyguard.

"The engagement ring?" I stopped breathing at engagement. Was Tony really doing this? "Yeah, I've been carrying this since 2008." Happy's hand reached into an inside pocket and brought out a beautiful engagement ring. My mouth was wide. I looked to Tony, wanting him to answer me.

Tony was very surprised Happy had that ring for so long.

"I don't think so." Pepper shook her head, crushing my dreams in one head movement. "Let's go with Ashley's idea." My mouth closed, my breathing going back to normal and my dreams crushed.

"Sure." Tony nodded. "It'll buy us some time." Pepper then leaned in and kissed Tony straight on the lips.

My breathing stopped again. My hand flew to Happy's arm and I must have squeezed it really hard as I could hear him hissing in pain.

"Alright, Gomez, let's go!" Pepper ordered, ignoring my reaction to what happened.

"Did you two get back together?" I asked Tony, Pepper stood at the press room door waiting for me.

"No we just kissed cause kissing." That was I needed to know. I let out a little squeal, Pepperony was back together and I could not be more happy for anyone. "Alright, calm down." I couldn't calm down. I thought these two were over and done, but apparently not.

"Gomez! Now!" Bossy Pepper was back and I loved it.

"Love you guys." I quickly kissed Tony on his cheek before heading into the press room for the 'big announcement'.

"Yeah no hard feelings about my arm, Ashley." Happy sarcastically shouted to my before I went in.

Even though there were rumours upon rumours, they still went crazy when I told them. So many questions wanted to be asked but we only answered a few.

After the press conference I sat in my room, the big box of photo's Tony found not long ago was sat beside me on the floor. Now that my engagement was officially over I just mellowed down and looked at things from my past.  An entertainment news show was on in the background, showing pictures of me and Steve with a big crack in the middle. The press were having a field day with all this.

I was holding the picture of me, The Howling Commandos and my trainer and partner, Amondi in my hands. I remembered them all. Dugan, Jim, Tripp's grandfather. We were a group of people jumping in at the deep end everywhere we went and surviving every single time. They all had my back and I had theirs.

I smiled remembering the day this photo was taken.

"Do you mind if I take a photo of ya? For proof?"  A random guy came up to us to ask for the photo after we cleared an area of Nazi's.

We agreed of course. We wanted to remember this day for years to come. It was the first operation which we all did successfully. Nobody captured but Nazi's.

"Amondi, next to me." If I hadn't have said this, Amondi would have been on the end of the photo, maybe even cut out. I didn't want that, so pulled her front and centre. She was part of this team, no matter the colour of her skin or her gender or where she came from. She was important.

"After 3. 1, 2, 3." Thus the picture was born. I can't believe I never put it up anywhere. I hate myself for keeping in a box all this time. It was the photo was cemented that I could do what Fury and everyone believed I could do. This photo was the beginning of us.

"I miss you guys." I talked to the photo, like I was talking to everyone on the photo. Most of the people in this photo were dead, so the memories were scarred a little. But they were memories none the less.

--------------------/--------------

A.N. So that's Our War done with. Thank you to everyone who's read, commented or voted for this story still. This series is my baby and I love seeing people enjoy it with me.

Again I am sorry I ended Sashley the way I did. It's not the complete end don't worry. Unless IW is like 'LETS KILL CAP IN THE FIRST HOUR'. Now that I've said it that's probably how it goes down.

- Emma x