Twelve

A.N. Last part of Civil War.

DON'T SHOUT AT ME PLS.

-----------------------------

The flight home was a quiet one for me and Tony. We just sat with each other, didn't day a word. We didn't want to. What happened in that bunker will forever haunt us both. We will never get that video out of our heads.

I've been playing the part of Howard being punched to death over and over again in my head. I saw the life drain from his eyes as he died. The last thing he would ever see, was Bucky's face. I'm thinking too much about it now. Cause my mind was wandering to; when Howard saw Bucky, did he think of me? With his last breathe, did he think of me?

I felt an arm go around me, it was Tony's. I'd started crying when I was thinking all that.  I didn't want to, but I did.

Howard's last ever thought in his head before he died, could have been me. And once that thought was in my head, it was never gunna leave.

-*-*-*-*-

Once we landed home, T'Challa dropped us off at the medical bay, where we both got treated; Tony more than me. But there was no medial stuff that would help with how broken me and Tony were at this moment. No amount of drugs would ease this pain or make it easier.

The nurse I had kept asking me questions, but I couldn't hear her. I tuned myself out. I got both the people I thought were dead back; but lost so much more.

After a while, Tom appeared, worried sick for us both. He told me about the guy, his name being Baron Zemo. He even had a evil name. Dick. He's now behind bars, overlooked by Ross. Where he should be.

He also let me know about Peter. He made it home okay. Thank god. Maybe I should visit his friend, what was his name? Ned? I'll see if I have time.

Tom also told me T'Challa had invited me to Wakanda. He had aloud Bucky there and they wanted to see me. I actually felt a little happy. Bucky was getting help, and from someone who wanted to kill him only yesterday.

"Oh and almost forgot this." Tom reached out into his pocket and got out the engagement ring Steve gave me. "Kept it shiny for ya." When I looked at it, I felt angry. I didn't even want to touch it. But I put it on my finger anyway. I still wasn't decided.

"Everything okay?" Tom asked. I was already fed up of people asking that.
I just nodded. Tom sighed.

"I'll ask you again when we come back from Wakanda." Great.

Later on I informed Tony I was to go to Wakanda, asking if he was going to be okay without me. He reminded me he is an adult and I'm not his mom. Both true.

As I was on the jet to Wakanda, I fiddled with my engagment ring. Tom was flying so didn't see what I was doing. He didn't know of the struggle that was going on in my head. No one did but me.

I thought about everything Steve did, the decisions he made, the lying and the almost killing Tony cause he would rather join a fight then stop it. I sighed heavily, my decision was made. I hated making it, but I had to for me. He would probably hate me but I didn't see how we could not do it this way.

"Oh, almost forgot. You had a call from Trish Walker from Trish Talk. Guessing she wants you to answer some questions on her show." If Trish called, something must be wrong with Jessica. I didn't want to bother with her right now, which sounds really mean, but I'm not my best to help her in the best way I can. "Did you hear me, Ash?" Tom shouted, making sure I heard.

"Yeah, I heard." I simply said. Tom sighed and just focused on the sky. I felt bad for closing off on Tom. But I needed to right now.

It seemed to take forever before we finally landed in Wakanda. T'Challa greeted me and led to to a lab where Bucky was sat waiting. I smiled, rushing over and hugging him tightly. In place of his metal arm, there was a bandage over his shoulder.