Five - CW

A.N. IT'S CIVIL WAR TIME, OH YEAH BBY

--------------------------------

Lagos

The set up for Lagos was pretty quite for what we usually do, I sent in Wanda and Natasha to go in as civilians, see if they could spot anything suspicious. Me and Steve stuck together as this was personal to us. Tony didn't come as he had a talk at college to make. He and Pepper had also broken up so he wasn't in the mood to come with us. I need to check on him as soon as we get home.

"All right, what do you see?" I asked into my earpiece, everyone of us had one to keep in touch, as usual.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda answered. She and Nat were stationed at a coffee shop, just across from where Brock was said to hit. Me and Steve, hung out in an apartment, looking over the place.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve asked her, like a little pop quiz.

"Camera's." She answered correctly. Camera's meant we had to be careful where we tread as there were camera's watching our every move.

"Both streets are one-way." I pointed out.

"So, compromised escape routes." Wanda was doing well today.

"Which means Brock doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess to get out." My fist tightened, remembering the betrayal I felt when Brock was revealed as Hydra. We were friends, trained together, ate together, I told him a lot. But now, he's my enemy and he needs to be stopped. "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"The red one? It's cute, you should get a car like it." Wanda surveyed.

"It's also bulletproof." Natasha came on and said. "Which means private security which means more guns which means more headaches from somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind right?"

"Looking over your shoulder need to become a second nature." Nat made sure Wanda knew.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam voiced his opinion. Sam was based on a building somewhere, keeping an eye out for the skies.

"Not to my face? Why? Did you hear something?" Nat joked.

"Eyes on the prize, guys. We can talk about who said what later. We need to get this guy." I could tell I was starting to get stressed about this whole thing. We needed to get Brock in or he could potentially kill innocents. And that would do us no favours when it came to the accords. I feel bad I'm the only one that knows about them, but I'm sure when the team find out they'll understand why we need it.

"Hey, stay calm, okay?" Steve placed his hand on my shoulder, noticing I was stressing out.

"I'm trying, it's just this guy knew everything about me and he was HYDRA? How dumb was I to not see it?" The feelings of the past came back to me as I remember that sinking feeling when I found out HYDRA was very much alive. I spend my entire life making sure people like them never got anywhere. But look at me now, fighting them cause I was too dumb to notice they big boys were still around.

"If you were dumb than I was too, and so was the rest of SHIELD. You couldn't have known so stop blaming yourself. Please, I hate seeing you like this." Steve tried to reassure me, and I knew the team could hear.

"I can't help it Steve. I failed at my job, now I gotta put it right. This is the best lead we've had on Brock for months, I don't wanna lose him." I addressed the team. If I couldn't get Brock now, when would it end?