ten

Qin Fen sighed, tapping his fingers on his thighs. He massages his head, still trying to let the current situation sink in. "So, when I told you to take care of my sister, you fight with her and break the vending machine?"

Mubo flicked Zimo's forehead, "What were you thinking?"

"It wasn't his fault -" I said, trying to defend Zimo. "I should have checked whether it was credit or not."

"But still," Qin Fen looked me in the eye. "How did you break the vending machine?"

I gulped trying to remember the scene. It became a chaos back there. Zimo tackled me while tickling my armpits and we accidentally hit the machine making it fall towards the small garden.

"Well!" My brother stood up and he seems happy, "At least no one got hurt,"

"Ge, you still have to pay for the machine," Peiyao reminded him.

He sat back down again looking a bit glum, "Do I even have to ask how much is it?"

Mubo checked the card that was given to them by the airport staff. "Do you think you could ask your aunt for this? I don't think we can cover it up."

Qin Fen sighed, "I'll call her when we get home. Now, where's the manager?"

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Did you really break a vending machine?" Yanyu asks, laughing loudly. "Qin Mingzhu, you are the best woman I have ever met!"

"It's not that big of a deal," I said, focusing on my lunch. "Fen gege's probably disappointed at me right now and maybe to the boys. And it's all my fault."

"What did Zimo say?"

I spotted Zimo and found him poking his potato. He wasn't even eating! "See? He's playing with his food!"

Yanyu looked at the direction I was looking at and patted my shoulder, "You should pay him back."

I thought about it for a second, then shrugged the thought away, "He's rich. He can manage."

I saw Yanchen walking around, dragging his feet. As he got closer, I widen my eyes. He has a black eye, his lips were swollen and there was a scar on his cheek.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked, helping him sit down. "Yanchen?"

"I'm fine," He muttered, covering his face. Everyone was getting curious to what happened to him.

Yanyu leaned in, "I think you need to take him to the clinic."

I nod, holding Yanchen's hand as I dragged him away from the cafeteria.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Jeffrey did what?!" I exclaimed, almost pouring the betadine on him.

"Mingzhu, be careful." Yanchen said, moving a bit away.

"Sorry," I apologized, dabbing the cotton on his cheek. "Are they dating?"

"No. Jeffrey said he saw me last night following them. I was just looking out for my ex-girlfriend! What if he does something to her?"

I nod, understanding the situation, "Well, we need to heal those wounds."

I put the right amount of ointment and stood in front of him. My fingers touching his lip as I applied the medicine.

It was quiet and the only sound you could hear was our breathing. I noticed Yanchen looking at me and its making me kind of I don't know? Weak?

I tilted my head up and our gazes locked with each other. Yanchen grabbed my wrists and pulled them down. He was still looking at me until he stopped at my lips. Holy shit -

"Mingzhu," Yanchen whispered. "Do you like Ruibin that much?"

I'm seriously freaking out right now but I froze. I didn't know what to say. What the hell is this guy talking about?! Did Jefrrey hit him too hard?

"Yanchen, what the -" I didn't finish my sentence when the bell rang. Lunch ended.

He didn't say anything much before leaving. Yanchen just thanked me and went out of the clinic.

What in the world just happened?!