24:: Silence is the Loudest Thing in the Room

Começar do início

The others weren't much different.
Jason went on a killing spree, looking for anyone who might have seen them that night. Dick searched every last inch of Gotham trying to find any clues. Tim, not that he'd ever even consider admitting it, was hacking every military, government, and secret agency files he got his hands on to get even a second of video footage of the league that night, a witness saying that they saw the assassins running around the rooftops of Gotham that night...anything.

Then, after a month of searching,

He found something.

Tim ran into the batcave yelling as he ran up to his adoptive father "I FOUND SOMETHING!"
Everyone whipped their heads towards him so fast they could have come off.

Tim set his laptop on the large gray table that sat in the center of the cave, and rapidly typed on the keyboard.
"A secret government satellite picked up a small boat moving north of Gotham with two heat signatures that match those of Marina and Damian's."

"There's an island a few hundred kilometres away from there." Dick pointed out.

They looked to their adoptive father with hopeful expressions, waiting for their next instructions.

"Suit up. We leave in 30 minutes." He said with a hint of happiness in his monotonous voice.

▪Time Skip▪

The batwing silently hovered a few kilometers away from the league of assassins base.

"Alright, you know the plan-" Batman started but Nightwing cut him off, too anxious to see his youngest adoptive siblings again.
"Get in, get out. Avoid anything that will draw attention, stay out of sight, try your best to avoid any conflict. Got it."

"Okay. We decend in 5,4,3,2,1"

They dropped through an opening in the floor of the batwing, icy water consuming their body's.
They put on breathing masks and started the swim to the, suposedly  uninhabited, island.

The four raven haired vigilantes appeared on the side of the rocky, snow covered, island out of view.

As they crawled through the air vents they silently observed the unsuspecting assassins below. They payed no attention to them until they heard something quiet interesting.

"Do you know the story behind those two kids?"
"The prisoners? No, it all went down before I got here. One of the older assassins told me that they grew up in the league though." The assassin chuckled a little. "Apparently they were supposed to be out new leaders...well, before they got their memories wiped at least."
They were quiet for a second before the other assassin asked "You think she'll keep him in there forever?"
"Nah, she can't keep him on the brink of freezing to death forever. The girl on the other hand..."
"I heard she's started going crazy."
"Well who wouldn't in her position. She been locked in that room for a month!" The assassins laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world.

A bad feeling rushed through the vigilantes as they continued their search for a security room.

Once they found it, they were surprised to find it empty. Just a bunch of screens showing different parts of the building.

The four dropped down into the room. They scaned each screen, looking for their missing family members that were, so far, nowhere to be seen.

"Um, guys." Redhood said and pointed to two screens that were blank, the only thing on them was the word 'RESTRICTED' in all caps.
There were keyholes underneath them so only the person who possess the key can see what is going on in those rooms.