Live Your Life

Aubrey woke up to the sound of Bianca singing Denise Williams' "Free". The music played softly in the background as he rubbed his eyes to get the sleep out of them. Even though he was finally up, he continued to lay in bed and listen to her soothing voice that rang throughout the bedroom.

Bianca sat by her vanity mirror applying her mink lashes to complete her look. She pressed a button on her smart mirror and took a picture of her look of the day.

"You know we've got to get you in the studio." Aubrey sat up as the covers fell onto his lap revealing his bare upper body."

"You heard me singing? I don't like singing in front of people I get so nervous and you know that." Bianca got up out of her chair and turned off the camera mode on her smart mirror.

"Yeah I heard you sing. You have a gift. I knew your mom could sing but I didn't know you could too." Aubrey picked up his iPhone off of the mahogany nightstand next to his bed and checked his over night notifications.

"My mom taught me at a young age and even put me in talent shows when I was younger but I have extremely severe stage fright. My mom used to be a background singer for famous gospel artists. But my stage fright...it's really bad. I don't know how you do it."

"Do what?"

"Perform in front of millions of people each day.  Like, I don't know if you really realize how that's truly a gift."

"It's an adrenaline rush to me to be able to perform on stage.  I get excited to see people singing or rapping to a body of work that I've worked months sometimes years on.  It's a blessing." Aubrey reminisced.  "But one day we're gonna get you in the studio once you're ready."

Aubrey admired her in her skin tight matching orange camo set. 

"Damn."

Aubrey and Bianca flew out to Toronto for her family's annual cookout. She recently bought her mom a new home in the suburbs of the city. Her mom wanted to show off her new gift so she threw a cookout/ housewarming party which turned out to be a mini family reunion.

Bianca sat in the Denali SUV in front of her mom's house and could tell Aubrey was a little nervous.

"You okay babe?" Bianca asked as she held onto his hand and caressed the back of it.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine. I'm just prepping myself for what your folks might say."

"You'll be okay, baby. My mom already loves you, you know that and that's all that matters. As for my aunts on the other hand...I can't promise what comes out of their mouth."

"Fair enough. I can handle them though." The driver got out of the car and made his way to Aubrey's side of the car and helped him out. Bianca thanked the driver and grabbed her Coach bag and stepped out of the car and held onto Aubrey's hand.

The couple made their way to the front door and rang the doorbell and waited to be greeted by her mom.

Bianca's mom opened the door and saw her daughter standing next to Aubrey holding hands and got excited.

"Bianca! My goodness my baby girl is all grown up!" Bianca's mom Danielle embraced her in a hug and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Mom, I'm almost thirty can you believe it?"

"Yes, because I still look good even after having three kids." Danielle joked.

Aubrey laughed at her moms playful banter.

"It's always great to see you again Mrs. Wright." Aubrey embraced her in a hug.

"What did I say about calling me that Aubrey? Call me Dani, and It's great to see you too. So I take it that you're finally dating my daughter. What took you so long?"