Though Daryl had a feeling that they'd show up one day. Things would be different than. Merle, Mac, and Daryl worked around the clock on building a wall around this place. They had the terrain helping them in a lot of ways. They had sheer rock faces, valleys, and thick forest that ran with a river. Walkers could only really advance from a few places. Though today was the day the wall was finished. Last of it in place and he was sure that was what Mac's whoop was about earlier.

Daryl kicked out in the chair by the window watching his brother's come back. Mac and Merle were at ease around each other in a way like never before. With that it brought a sense of ease to Daryl and Kira. They didn't feel the need to monitor them all the time like they were kids to be put in time out. Though their fights could get out of hand when one did start.

Merle had his own issues to deal with and his were fundamentally amusing to Daryl. He kept his mouth shut though because he sure as hell wasn't explaining shit to him. His brother was a crass disgusting man most of the time and Kira deserved better than that. So if the relationship between him, Kira, and Mac confused Merle at times then so be it. He didn't say much and like he said it was amusing.

Kira flounced down in his lap and watched out the window. "You think winter is going to be bad?"

"Yes."

Kira scowled at him and Daryl smirked, "You can feel it." Daryl looked towards the window. He was right when he said a storm was almost here earlier. He could see the thunderheads on the horizon, the flashes of lightning brightening the sky, and the howling of the wind.

She hummed and the door opened with a frigid blast of cold air as Merle and Mac stepped inside. Mac was already shrugging out of his extra layers. His eyes were on her on Daryl's lap and Daryl ran his finger over her thigh and then between them. Mac's jaws clenched and Kira shifted her hips against his lap. Mac's eyes watched every movement as Daryl's hand cupped against her feeling the heat coming from her pussy. He knew if he slid his hand down her pants she'd be soaked right now.

Mac shot him a withering look when Merle slapped him in the back. Daryl pulled his hand from between her thighs and gripped her hip and leaned back taking her with him. He could feel her breathing easing up and she slipped to sleep right there on top of him. HIs boots were kicked up in the window and he watched leaves chase the sunset.

Mac crashed down close by and Merle did as well. Both groaned having ate too much and Daryl smiled. He felt calmer than ever before. He would always have the issues of what happened with his father but they didn't consume him like before. He done what needed to be done. His brothers would have done the same thing as him. He wasn't a monster; he was a survivor. He had the marks to prove it just like his brothers and just like Kira.

"Need to go hunting." Daryl yawned.

Mac nodded and looked up at him, "I'll go with you."

"It's going to storm." Merle scowled.

Daryl nodded, "We go early we'll catch it in the break of the storm before the next hits. We can't afford to waste what time we have, winter is coming."

Mac nodded and looked over at him. He didn't know the woods like Daryl and couldn't read the weather as easy but he trusted Daryl with his life. Daryl nodded and Mac relaxed accepting that they'd be find.

Merle chuckled, "Bitch watch it is."

"Yeah she's going to have fun keeping watch on your salty old ass." Mac sneered, "You old bitch."

"Suck my dick, Mac."

Mac kicked out, "I think they stopped producing that little blue pill about the time everyone decided to die. SO sucking a limp dick wont do a bit of good." Mac chortled, "Old man."

Merle leaned up, "I got half a mind to kick your teeth down your throat."

"I got half a mind to let you fucking try so I have a reason to beat your ass."

"We get it; together you all might make a half intelligent waste of space." Daryl snapped, "Shut the fuck up."

"OH looks like Darylina has his period."

"Fuck." Daryl huffed.

Merle stood fluidly and looked to them and then Kira. She was asleep a mess of tangled limbs on Daryl and wild hair. He shook his head and Mac stood up stretching. A bright flash of lightning lit the world up and Daryl's eyes followed it riding the night sky. The thunder rolled over head and he felt fatigue hitting him. He loved sleeping during storms. Mac shot him a leering smile and ran his over Kira. Yeah he knew what Mac was thinking about. How could he not. The firs time they'd took Kira they'd been a storm like this raging and bringing winter in as well. Daryl smiled at him and Mac's face lit up.

It wasn't long after that he was walking behind Mac as he carried Kira down the steps. Merle was locking the rest of the house up and they were going to fucking bed. They were all wore out. Kira was just about tossed on the bed before Mac was pulling her boots of and stripping her jeans away from her. She just grunted at his efforts and rolled over. Daryl snorted and jerked the covers down and crawled in. Kira immediately moved to wrap around him and her fingers started lightly tracing his tattoos. She was always touching him and Mac, always.

"What time we leave?"

"First light."

Kira yawned into his neck, "I'm babysitting Merle?"

"Need to put meat up for winter." They said in unison.

KIra nodded and Mac fell into bed. He rolled till she was sandwiched between them. Mac's fingers were idly running through his hair. It was lulling him to sleep in the same way her fingers tracing tattoos were. They soothed his demons and stripped his fears. Without them he'd be a far cry from the man he was now. Though the same could be said for the both of them in regard with each other.

"I love you both." Kira's voice was soft, "Come back to me." she breathed.

"Always." They said in unison, voice gruff carrying emotion neither were good at talking about. It was more than just coming back, it was coming home. Something they'd both been waiting to do together for years.