26~ the final day

The next morning I met Madison and Jake for a quick breakfast before we got back on the road.

I am wrecked, I hardly got any sleep last night, and well Jake and Madison looked as tired as i felt so I'm assuming they didn't either.

It took us about an hour on the road before we actually started talking because we'd only woke up then. I didn't know how Jake was driving in that state, maybe I should've been worried about it!

"There's no way in hell I would do that for only five thousand! I'd need at least ten." Madison says and I look at her.

"Just for one?!" I raise a brow.

"Jake, would it turn you off if I only had one?" Madison asks Jake and I roll my eyes.

"Madison it's just a pinkie finger." Jake chuckles.

"I'd still need ten thousand." Madison answers.

"Id take anything over five." I say.

"Maybe sevenish." Jake tells.

The conversation keeps going about little things, distracting us all from the reality of going home. The other would be home today as well and the chances of meeting them might be slim but was still making me nervous.

A few hours later and Jake was dropping me off at my house. We'd already brought Madison home so it was just me and him.

"Bethany over reacted and accused you of something you didn't and wouldn't do, but she knows that. They know I'm hiding something and it's pissing them off, so Beth picked the first thing that came to mind." I tell Jake, not wanting to be the reason him and Bethany lost the relationship.

Jake smiles at me and I smile back. "They don't realise how good they've got it, you made a mistake, and I'm not going to lie it will probably follow you around for another while, but people have things they need to keep to themselves. They just need to realise that."

I nod my head agreeing. "Never thought such wise words would come out of your mouth." I joke.

Jake chuckles. "I'm offended."

A minute later we pull up to my house, and I pick up my bag.

"I said people have things they need to keep to themselves. Being pregnant isn't one of them, you need to tell Niall."

"I know."

"It looks like you've got your chance." Jake points straight ahead, my gaze follows and I see Niall sitting in his car outside my house.

The nerves start to come but u try my best to keep them under control.

"Thank you. For everything." I say to Jake and he smiles.

"Anytime Amelia."

I get out of the car, waving Jake goodbye and walking towards my front door.

My mom was at work so I knew it'd be okay to talk with Niall.

I was unlocking the door when he walked up behind me.

Neither of us said anything, he just followed me into the living room.

"I'm sorry." Niall says, breaking the silence.

I finally look at him and notice how exhausted he looks.

"I shouldn't have assumed that you were moving on, especially to Jake. I know you better than that. I'm sorry."

"Forget about it. I can't exactly blame the judgement of a guy who's just out of a coma."

Niall shakes his head. "I want you to blame me. All of this is my fault. You and your friends fighting, you having to watch me bring April. I've been a dick. A stupid idiot. Coma or not I should at least have took your feelings into consideration."

I offer a small smile. "The fight was eventually gonna happen, and it was hardly your fault."

"It was. Bethany and I were talking when you left and I'm pretty sure she picked up on my jealousy, probably made her think you were with him." Niall admits. "I was so jealous, I think I even started to believe the stupid thoughts I was having."

"Jealous?"

Niall walks closer to me. "We'll come back to that. My judgement was clouded. It seems like my brain hasn't been working for ages, I've been missing small things that add up to big things. It only clicked with me when you left. All the oversized clothes, excuses, not drinking, and everything. Madison and Jake knew, you weren't with him, he was just being a good friend. I should have realised sooner, Amelia You should have told me."

"Niall.."

"Did you think I wouldn't want it? Want you?"

"I was afraid."

"Don't be afraid. Never be afraid if it has anything to do with me. I have never cared so much about someone in my whole life, Your it for me. I know it."

"What about April?"

"April was helping me find a way to get you back."

My heart was thumping, and I was pretty sure it was about to come out of my chest.

Niall closes the gap between us, pressing his lips against mine.

When we pull out Niall rests his forehead on mine. "Your pregnant?"

"Yeah." My voice comes out as a whisper.

"We'll get through this don't worry."

I smile.

An hour later and we were laid out on the couch.

"I don't wanna tell the others yet, I wanna wait until they want to talk to me. I don't want this baby to be the excuse to end a fight. They don't trust me and they're going to have to get over that."

Niall nod his head in understanding. "I suppose I could call off shouting it from the rooftops for another while."

I smile and Niall smiles back.

"I've been waiting too long to do this again." He admits. "Although being your best friend was fun, I prefer kissing you as well."

"I don't know if your kisses are good enough to say that." I tease and he narrows his eyes at me. "Wanna remind me?"

Niall grins, moving closer to me putting his lips on mine again.