27 ~ endings

Amelia

A few weeks have passed since Niall and I got our shit together, and things have been going really well between us. We've been taking things at a steady pace because this time we want to do things right.

As for everything else things are still pretty much in the air, we've hung out as a whole group about three times, and they've all been awkward.

Madison and Matt are still going great, and taking it slow, but she's still not over Bethany being 'a raging bitch' as she had put it.

Jake and Bethany decided it would be best to stay friends, at least for awhile, because they'd realised that their relationship had moved too quickly, well at least that's what Jake had told me since Bethany hasn't spoke to me since. A part of me thinks that she blames me for their relationship ending.

Seth is as neutral as ever, he's been trying to get things back to normal for weeks, but unfortunately for him Lauren is very stubborn and also hasn't been happy with the fact that he's been talking to me, even though I haven't given anyone an explanation.

Jake, Madison, Niall, and I are still the only ones who know about my pregnancy so everyone else is confused as to what's going on with me and Niall, but with things still up in the air, I don't want to tell anyone.

I told my mom, and Niall's parents, and their all pretty supportive, they've told us that they will take care of the baby during the day while we finish school, and also while we go to college and that, they want us to still pursue our future and our careers.

Today Seth has arranged for us all to meet up because 'we haven't been spending enough time together'.

Niall came to pick me up before we go over to Seth's house.

We're the last to arrive, and walk in as everyone sits in awkward silence.

As we sit down on the only free sofa, Seth clears his throat.

"Well this isn't awkward." He mutters. "Does anyone even know why?"

Almost everyone shrugs but Madison answers.

"Some people have trust issues and blame it on their friends."

"Excuse me, miss I've been in this group five minutes, but you weren't here when someone gave us trust issues." Lauren says.

"Yeah, but it feels like I've lived it ten times because you never shut up about it." Madison goes on.

Bethany rolls her eyes and scoffs, turning Madisons attention to her.

"And have none of you thought that if Amelia was struggling again that maybe instead of getting annoyed at her that maybe you should help her?"

The room stays silent for awhile, and Niall grabs my hand.

I bite my lip trying not to laugh at the silence, and thankfully Jake speaks up.

"So the problem is?" He asks, and Bethany gives him a side eye.

"We want to know what secret Amelia's been keeping, and why you and virgin girl know but we don't." Bethany says.

"I mean we were supposed to be her best friends." Lauren adds.

"Well best friends would trust each other." I say.

"They wouldn't give a reason not too." Bethany answers.

"This has been going on for months now, you two don't trust me, so maybe we should just take this as a lesson in life. Friends doesn't mean forever, because if you two don't start to trust me or figure this whole mess out then it's causing more stress than anything." I say.

It's not that I don't want to end the friendship, of course I don't. But sometimes you need to let go of things because their causing more harm then good. Some friendships are toxic or just aren't meant to be.

"Maybe your right." Lauren says.

"Your parting gift can be telling us your secret." Bethany says.

"She's not parting the group." Madison says.

"You can go with her." Bethany shrugs. "I'd prefer if you did."

"Who are you in a relationship with again?"

Bethany rolls her eyes.

"So this is it?" Lauren asks.

"I'm not saying we can't be friends, but I can't continue this with with no trust." I answer.

Lauren nods. "Maybe we just be civil and see where it goes?"

I smile and agree.

"Beth?" Lauren questions.

"You know what, my problem isn't with Amelia any more, it's with Madison. She's been in this group five minutes and she's already everyone's favourite, well not mine because I see through her, she's fake."

Madison stands up, and Bethany does too. "What's fake about me? Huh?"

"Your personality for one, I mean you make a joke out of everything, probably because you have zero self esteem, you also know that just because you have the body doesn't make up for the personality, so you get even louder to try make up for it. Well it doesn't work because you still can't get anyone to sleep with you."

I look at Matt, expecting him to speak up, but surprisingly he stays quiet.

"Bethany, everything you said it wrong and even you know that. Your annoyed because she has an amazing personality, and body. She could get any boy she wants just by looking at them and it's all natural."

Bethany's face flushes from anger and embarrassment.

"Every single one of you can go to Hell." She says before getting her bag and walking out. 

Lauren looks torn but ends up staying.

"I'm sure when she cools down she'll apologise." Lauren tries to defend her. 

Nobody answers, and Madison walks out of the room. Both Jake and Matt make a move to follow her but I stop them, deciding it's best if I check on her first.

"Mads?" I ask when I find her sitting on a bench a bit down the block.

"He didn't say anything! Can you believe that he sat there just watching as someone embarrassed me like that. He's supposed to be my boyfriend!"

I sit beside her nodding my head and letting her rant.

"I mean thank god I never slept with him, it's now a privilege to be called a virgin. There's no good reason for him to sit there and not defend me."

"Your right there's not."

"Like I get I might be overreacting but I promised myself and my mom that when I grew up I would never settle for anything less than I deserved and I deserve someone who would stand up for me for the big and the small."

"And you do Mads, you deserve the world."

She smiles at me and embraces me in a hug.

"Great things will get awkward again!"

"It wouldn't be normal if it wasn't."

"Jake was pretty nice, huh?" I Ask after a few minutes.

"He was, wasn't he? He's definitely boyfriend materiel but I don't think that would be the best idea. I mean Bethany's ex and matts friend? Bad idea." Madison says. "And I think I might stay single for a while. Relationships are over rated."

Hope you enjoyed! Not sure what I think of it but let me know and also give me your predictions!!!