The Lodgers ~ How to be a Normal Bloke

Bắt đầu từ đầu

As we walk through the park I loop my arm through the Doctor's staying close to his side as we stroll alongside Sophie and Craig whom I talk with eagerly, enjoying their company. "What are you actually called? What's your proper name?" Craig asks the Doctor suddenly.
"Just call me the Doctor." The Doctor tells him, not leaving much space for argument as he tosses the ball up and catches it.
"I can't go up to these guys and say hey, this is my new flat mate, he's called the Doctor." Craig complains.
"Why not?" I ask looking at him from the Doctor's side, raising my eyebrows awaiting an answer.
"Because it's weird." Craig tells us, but we don't get a chance to continue as we approach the pitch.
"All right, Craig." A man calls out from the pitch and is greeted by a 'hey' from Craig.
"Hello, I'm Craig's new flat mate. I'm called the Doctor and this is my girlfriend, Mackenzie." The Doctor says as he air kisses this guy as well.
"Doc, seriously, you've got to stop doing that, and it's just Kenzie." I tell him as I shake hands with Craig's friend.
"All right, Doctor, Kenzie. I'm Sean. So where are you strongest?" Sean asks the Doctor.
"Arms." The Doctor replies and I shake my head in disappointment.
"No, he means what position on the field." Craig clarifies.
"Not sure. The front? The side? Below." The Doctor guesses positions unsuccessfully.
"Are you any good though?" Sean asks a little more concerned and the Doctor spins the ball.
"Let's find out." He replies kicking the ball up.

To say I was surprised by the Doctor's skill in football would be an understatement, I'd never enjoyed watching football, but watching my boyfriend play and look genuinely happy caused me to smile hugely, so sitting in the park with Sophie watching the Doctor converse with Sean as they crowd around a bench acting normal made me forget a little about our current situation. I approach them with Sophie as the Doctor agrees to join them in a game next week as we join the group Craig opens a can and gets sprayed which causes everyone to laugh but then it's as if a record has been broken and keeps replaying a specific part as the Doctor and I watch that moment play over and over. The Doctor looks to me and we both walk away from the crowd of people as he puts in the earpiece.
"Amy? Amy?" He asks.
"It's happening again, worse." I hear her say and we stop walking as we face each other.
"What does the scanner say?" I ask.
"A lot of nines. Is it good that they're nines? Tell me it's good that they're all nines." Amy says scared from the other side of the earpiece which leads me to send the Doctor a concerned look, knowing nines are not good.
"Yes, yes, it's, it's good. Zigzag plotter. Zigzag plotter, Amy." The Doctor tells her and after a few seconds there's a loud scream.
"Amy?" I ask.
"Amy?"
"Yes. Hello." Amy replies.
"Oh, thank heavens. I thought for a moment the Tardis had been flung off into the vortex with you inside it, lost forever." The Doctor says sounding relieved.
"What, you mean that could actually happen?" Amy asks sounding more angry than scared. "You have got to get me out of here." Amy tells us.
"How are the numbers?" I ask, ignoring her previous comment.
"All fives." She says and I hear the time loop stop as the laughs stop.
"Fives? Even better." The Doctor comments as I turn to see the group continue talking.
"Still, it means the effect's almost unbelievably powerful and dangerous, but don't worry." I say.
"Hang on, okay?" The Doctor says to Amy. "I've got some rewiring to do."

Later on I'm sat in the living room reading whilst the Doctor is sat doing who knows what in our room and Craig comes in and comes towards me. "Listen, Sophie's coming round tonight and-" But I cut him off.
"Say no more, I'm gone, and hey, just tell her, ok?" I tell him as I head off to my room to see the Doctor building something whilst I continue to read my book. Sophie arrived a few minutes ago and we'd kept quiet not wanting to disturb them, but when something came up in my book about the Slitheen that I wanted clarification on, I look up to find the door wide open. I chase after the Time Lord to find him kneeling down behind the sofa talking with Sophie and Craig.
"Stay have a drink with us." I hear Sophie stay and I sigh sadly catching their attention and Craig looks to me gloomily and I smile to him grievously, knowing that he'd wanted a night alone with Sophie. "You too Kenz, come and sit." Sophie says half-heartedly. Twenty minutes later I'm lying with my head in the Doctor's lap as he messes around with a wiring loom around his neck. "Because life can seem pointless, you know, Doctor. Work, weekend, work, weekend. And there's six billion people on the planet doing pretty much the same." Sophie says to us.
"Six billion people. Watching you two at work, I'm starting to wonder where they all come from." The Doctor says, not making much sense.
"Huh? What do you mean by that?" Sophie asks.
"So then, the call centre. That's no good, then. What do you really want to do?" I ask her turning from my comfy spot on the seat, to look to her.
"Don't laugh. I only ever told Craig about it. I want to work looking after animals. Maybe abroad? I saw this orang-utan sanctuary on telly." Sophie says and I smile at her.
"What's stopping you?" I ask her.
"She can't. You need loads of qualifications." Craig answers.
"Yeah, true. Plus it's scary. Everyone I know lives round here. Like, Craig got offered a job in London. Better money. He didn't take it." Sophie gives an example.
"What's wrong with staying here? I can't see the point of London." Craig replies as I sit up to seem more into the conversation.
"Well, perhaps that's you, then. Perhaps you'll just have to stay here, secure and a little bit miserable, till the day you drop. Better than trying and failing, eh?" The Doctor says trying the wine before spitting it back into the glass causing me to scoff, both at his comment by his behaviour.
"You think I'd fail?" Sophie asks sadly and I try to speak but the Doctor butts in.
"Everybody's got dreams, Sophie. Very few are going to achieve them, so why pretend? Perhaps, in the whole wide universe, a call centre about is where you should be." At this point I see what he's trying to do, knowing that the Doctor could never be mean like this.
"Why are you saying that? That's horrible." Sophie asks, sounding very upset.
"Is it true?" I ask, continuing the Doctor's idea.
"Of course it's not true. I'm not staying in a call centre all my life. I can do anything I want." Sophie defends herself causing both the Doctor and I to smile.
"Oh, yeah. Right. Oh, my God. Did you see what he just did?" Sophie asks Craig as I laugh aloud.
"No, sorry, what's happening? Are you going to live with monkeys now?" Craig asks not looking too happy with the fact that Sophie is thinking about leaving now.
"It's a big old world, Sophie. Work out what's really keeping you here, eh?" The Doctor tells her.
"I don't know." Sophie replies thoughtfully.