Promise List (9)

Riley had checked her phone three times in the past five minutes. It had been off all day while she was at the hospital and while she was having lunch with Shawn. When Holly had picked her up from the hospital to go shopping, she thought there would at least be a reply from Liam. She quickly typed, WHERE R U? Text me back, we NEED to talk. And hit the send button.

            "What about this one?" Holly asked stepping out of the dressing room. She model-walked down the narrow hallway and stopped in front of Riley. Holly spun around in the short, bright yellow dress. The material was so tight it just stuck to her body.

            Riley wrinkled her nose, "I'm gonna say no to that one too."

            Holly sighed exasperatedly and tossed her long, straightened, brown hair over her shoulder. "C'mon you've said no to the last five dresses."

            "I know, because they were way too trampy for this event."

            "Oh you know its going to be fun," Holly said as she struggled to unzip the back of the dress.

            "Uh, I highly doubt that," Riley rolled her eyes.

            "Well you should do something to spice it up. Obviously every fund raiser Mom drags us to is going to be a totally lame. You just have to do something wild and spontaneous to make it worth your wile," Holly said with a wink and finally undid the zipper.

            "Like what?" Riley asked checking her phone for the fourth time, still no message.

            Holly skipped back to the change room, "Well Matty is coming and let's just say we might somehow get stuck in a broom closet for... I dunno fifteen minutes or so," she hollered from the change room.

            "Kinky," Riley laughed and stood in the doorway of Holly's open change room door. She had changed into a sleek emerald green halter dress, which complemented her slim model-like frame.

            "I like that one," Riley said matter-of-factly.

            Holly spun around and looked in the mirror. The buttery material swung around her knees. "Yeah, this ones a keeper," she said with a pleased smile. "Hey, what are you gonna wear, you haven't tried any of the dresses I suggested," Holly said turning to face Riley.

            "I dunno. I guess I'm just not in a shopping mood," she answered truthfully. All Riley had really wanted to do since her perfect lunch date with Shawn was talk to Liam and tell him how over their relationship was.

Shawn had taken Riley to a quaint little coffee shop she didn't even know existed. They had talked all lunch over coffees and bagels. Riley loved how having a simple lunch with someone could make her feel so perfect, so excited. The very thought of seeing Shawn, with his bright green eyes and his heart stopping smile made Riley's whole body tingle with excitement. If she didn't know better Riley might have let those feeling make her think she was in lov--.

            "How can you not be ‘in the mood'," Holly scoffed tossing in some air-quotes and snapping Riley back from her odd daydream. "We're Taylor's and Taylor's are always in the mood. For shopping and for other things," she said raising her eyes brows with a suggestive smile.

Holly's complete bluntness and ability to make a sexual comment at any point in a conversation made Riley smile. "You're a loser you know that," she said laughing.

            Holly stuck her tongue out playfully. "Here try this dress on. It was too big in the chest for me, so I'm sure it'll fit you," Holly said digging through the piles of dresses on the floor and handing a sparkly silver one to Riley. Riley stepped into the dressing room across the hall, slipped out of her clothes and into the dress. The material clung to her body in all the right ways, making her chest look noticeable in a sophisticated way. The thick straps crossed at the back and the soft, silky material bunched together just above her knees.