"Lean on me"

October 2017

Finally a moment of break. During the last months, the preparation for his first solo album, the official release of "love and fall", the promotions in the variety and the music shows with and without the other iKON members and the commitments with his group had occupied entirely his time, barely leaving him with the few moments of rest he had managed to carve out with difficulty between one recording and another. This situation had been going on for a long time, but finally, after an amount of time that not even he could well quantify, a free day was finally made on his agenda. And he had decided to spend it in one of his favorite ways: relaxing and sleeping, with just a few moments of pause to feed himself or exchange a chat with his friends.

It was only in the evening that she had appeared, dragging him out. She hadn't taken him that far, though. Once in the elevator, their destination had become quite clear and that's where they were at that moment, both sitting side by side, their backs against the wall and their eyes closed while the light autumn wind and the music coming from the earphones cradled their senses. For years now, the dormitory roof had become a sort of peaceful refuge, where they could escape from unwanted thoughts and, above all, from the managers' eyes when they became too oppressive. In this situation, even listening once again his own songs wasn't for him a source of embarrassment or annoyance, above all because he was sharing this quiet moment with one of his closest friends. For some of their comrades it was still strange to think that two of the noisiest people in the entire dorm loved to spend moments like that, but for them it had become a pleasant habit: they needed to recharge from time to time and they took every opportunity to do it together if both were in the right mood.

It was only when the Alien's notes began to play in their ears that Bobby finally changed his pose to briefly glance at Lisa. She was the first person to whom he had shown the verses of that song, when no melody had been matched to the words yet, but since when the final version had been recorded he hadn't had the chance to observe her reaction. He still remembered her eyes wet with tears when she first read the lyrics and now Bobby couldn't but help wondering if the song could convey to her the same feelings in its full version.

He couldn't study her expression for a long time, however, because about halfway through the song Lisa's eyes suddenly widened, surprising him and forcing him to look away. Fortunately she didn't seem to have noticed that he had been watching her for a while, since that when she started to speak she didn't even mention that event.

"You know, I read interesting theories yesterday" she suddenly said, turning to him. Needless to say that Bobby was already worried, a sudden outset like this by Lalisa Manoban didn't bode well.

"About... what?" he ventured to ask, even if he could already sense the answer.

"About you" she said indeed, confirming his fears. "Precisely on your songs. Or even better, on the protagonists of your songs"

"Holy sh..." he began, looking up at the sky with exasperation. Fortunately he managed to stop just in time so as not to curse. "I don't want to hear them"

"Hey, don't curse! I'll tell it to your mom"

"I didn't" he snorted. "And I still wonder why I allowed you to meet her. You should be my accomplice, not hers"

"You already know the answer" she said and he sighed.

"So... who are the possible candidates?"

"Didn't you say you didn't want to know?"

"You're right, let's change the subject..." he began, but Lisa interrupted him even before he could finish the sentence.

"However, they always talk about the usual ones"