The Unluckiest Slip

Start from the beginning

"I'm a killer who happens to find you useful." That she knew all too well, which was why she continued to sit as far as possible from him. "And, your company is ... nice. Talking to corpses really grows old after awhile, and my victims would only scream most of the time."

Not sympathizing with him in the slightest or accepting his compliment, she crossed her arms. "I thought that you had people worshipping you, but you killed them too."

"I already told you that they were trying to tame me, and they never offered anything to me of themselves. You know that." Gesturing with his arms, he answered, "I've never had someone greet me before when I've come home."

Before she could stop herself, she remarked, "You still don't, and this isn't your home." Her voice caught in her throat after that, and she hesitantly looked over to him. A strip of meat hung between his right index finger and thumb. Slowly, a smile stretched across his lips. He placed the meat down and set the container on the table. The creature didn't say a word; he simply walked past her.

Her eyes followed him, and she realized where he was going. Bolting off of the couch, she hurried after him and practically tackled him. They collided to the floor, which caused a loud thud to resonate throughout the place. (F/n)'s ears picked up movement in her parents' room. "Sh*t!" she quietly yelled. Any moment, one of them would be coming out. Underneath her, the creature only giggled.

"So, who should be killed slowly, (f/n)?" he asked, giggling more. To shut him up, she covered his mouth without thinking and pulled him back with her into a sitting position.

"I didn't want to break the deal. It's still on. I'm sorry. Just be quiet and hide." His tongue dragged across her hand, and he visibly shivered. She was only grossed out, but she knew to keep quiet. He nodded his head, and she removed her hand.

"You owe me, though, and you might want to hide that container." He easily got out of her hold and headed down the stairs and into the shadows. Her father walked out from his room and looked to her confused. Embarrassed, she smiled nervously and got to her feet.

"(F/n), is something wrong? We heard a loud bang." He tied his bathrobe, and his (e/c) eyes scanned over the area to see if he could find anything. "And, why are all of the lights off and the television on?"

"I was watching television, and I started to get tired, so I turned off the lights. I only just got up to head to my room to sleep, but I tripped in the process. I'm good now, though. No need to worry." She had probably spoken too fast and had seemed suspicious, but it was one of those moments where she simply wanted her father to not ask questions and leave her be.

"And, you left the television on?" She didn't answer, but she shrugged embarrassedly. A sigh left the male's lips, and he walked around her. The container was still on the table, though, and she thought that it was open.

Swiftly, she ran in front of him. "It's fine. I got it. Go back to bed, dad." If he rounded the corner, he would see the meat there. Then, there would be no way to cover for the creature. He gave her a questioning look and moved around her.

"I just forgot to turn it off since I was so tired." Playfully, she pushed against him and turned him around. "Now, go back to bed. Mom's probably worried. You should tell her what happened." She continued to shove him back towards his room.

Holding his hands up in surrender, he stopped allowing her to push him. "Fine. I understand." She sighed in relief, and he walked over to his room door. He peered over his left shoulder. "Just call if you need anything." (F/n) nodded, and he entered his room before he closed the door behind him.

Making her way back over to the couch, she shut off the television and leaned her head back."I really thought that he was going to come in here." She jumped and looked over to the stairs. The creature was leaning against the wall at the top. "That would've caused quite the commotion." He giggled and rejoined her on the couch before he finished his dinner.

The entire time, she looked away and wondered what she owed him. Would he make the dessert worse, or did he have something else in mind? She pressed her knees to her chest and glanced over to him once he set the container back down. "That was delicious," he remarked as he let out a satisfied sigh. "Though, we need to discuss your payment. You did technically break our deal. By giving me this residence, it's my new home. Don't forget that. I won't allow you a pass the next time you make a mistake."

"I understand." It wasn't her fault that she couldn't control her hatred for him, and it still wasn't his home. She may have given him the ability to stay there, but it didn't make it his. No, he was an unwanted, terrifying guest.

"Good, but I don't believe you." A typical giggle left him. "Though as long as you don't say that phrase again, you'll be fine. As for what you owe me, you're going to bury that male's bones tomorrow. Besides, I don't think that you want your bathtub to fill up with human remains, and I would like to get a shower myself."

"Wh-wh-what?" she asked, her eyes going wide. "I ..."

Moving his left index finger against her lips, he smirked. "No arguing unless you would like to go to option B." She quickly shook her head while she avoided his nail. "Good. And, you've buried people before. It should be easy. Or, you can dump his bones in one of the mausoleums. I don't care. Now, onto our other order of business." Before she could move, she found her back on the couch, and her body pinned under him. "Dessert."