The Lodgers ~ Roomies!

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, this is Mark's old room. He owns the place. Moved out about a month ago. This uncle he'd never even heard of died and left a load of money in the will." Craig tells us and I smile, thinking about Amy again.
"How very convenient." I comment as the Doctor walks back to me after checking the bed.
"This'll do just right. In fact." The Doctor comments as another loud crash sounds from above and the Doctor licks his finger testing the air, I watch him expectantly, awaiting some kind of answer. "No time to lose. we'll take it. Ah you'll want to see my credentials. There. National Insurance number. NHS number. References." The Doctor says showing Craig the psychic paper three different times. "Mackenzie, is great you can just trust her." The Doctor covers for me and I shake my head laughing.
"Is that a reference from the Archbishop of Canterbury?" Craig asks and I can't help but give the Doctor a strange look, wondering what in the world made him decide that was a good reference.
"I'm his special favourite." The Doctor replies grinning. "Are you hungry? I'm hungry." The Doctor takes my hand once again leading me out of the room.
"I haven't even got anything in." Craig protests.

"You've got everything I need for an omelette fines herbes, pour deux." The Doctor tells Craig as he raids the fridge for ingredients.
"Who's the girl on the fridge?" I ask him.
"My friend, Sophie." Craig replies, a smile now on his face.
"Girlfriend?" I push a little a smile alight on my face now.
"A friend who is a girl. There's nothing going on." Craig replies a little more dismal.
"Oh, that's completely normal. Works for me." The Doctor says throwing things in a pan and I can't help but think back to the first night I met him.
"We met at work about a year ago, at the call centre." Craig explains.
"Oh really, a communications exchange? That could be handy." The Doctor replies a little more thoughtfully.
"Firm's going down though. The bosses are using a totally rubbish business model. I know what they should do. I got a plan all worked out. But I'm just a phone drone, I can't go running in saying I know best. Why am I telling you this? I don't even know you." Craig says thoughtfully and I smile sweetly at him laughing at the Doctor's reply.
"Well, I've got one of those faces. People never stop blurting out their plans while I'm around."
"Right. Where's your stuff?" Craig asks and my eyes widen a little, not knowing how to explain that but the Doctor replies without a second thought.
"Oh, don't worry, it'll materialise. If all goes to plan." Which earns a strange look from Craig.

"That was incredible. That was absolutely brilliant." Craig compliments as we all sit on the sofas Craig on one and the Doctor and I on another.
"I have to say, I was disappointed that there wasn't a side of custard and fish fingers." I joke with the Doctor and he laughs at the comment, pulling me into his side.
"Where did you learn to cook?" Craig asks, not questioning our private joke.
"Paris, in the eighteenth century. No, hang on, that's not recent, is it? Seventeenth? No, no, no. Twentieth. Sorry, I'm not used to doing them in the right order." The Doctor says making Craig watch him in amusement, not sure of what to make of him.
"Has anyone told you that you're a bit weird?" Craig asks.
"He never stops hearing it from me." I comment. "So, no, they never really stop." I tease the Doctor casing him to smile at me once again.
"Ever been to Paris, Craig?" The Doctor asks.
"Nah. I can't see the point of Paris. I'm not much of a traveller."
"I can tell from your sofa."
"My sofa?"
"You're starting to look like it." I punch the Doctor but can't help but laugh at the comment a little relieved to hear Craig laughing at the comment.
"Thanks mate, that's lovely. No, I like it here. I'd miss it, I'd miss-" But I cut him off, realising how he's fiddling with the keys.
"Those keys."
"What?" Craig asks looking down to his hand.
"You're sort of fondling them." I say to him but a look of denial appears on Craig's face.
"I'm holding them." He argues standing up.
"Right." I say not believing him.
"Anyway, these are you keys." Craig takes a set of keys out from a bowl in the doorway.
"We can stay?" I ask excitedly, surprised by the outcome.
"Yeah, you're both kind of weird and you can cook. It's good enough for me. Right. Outdoor, front door, your door." Craig shows the Doctor as I remain on the sofa watching the two converse.
"Our door. Our place. Our gaff. Ha ha! Yes. Me with a key." The Doctor exclaims joyfully.
"And listen, Mark and I, we had an arrangement where if you ever need me out of your hair, just give me a shout, okay?" Craig says to the two of us and I feel my cheeks heat up as I turn to look the other way, trying to smother my chuckle.
"Why would I want that?" The Doctor asks confused, and at that point I bury my face in the cushions of the sofa.
"Well in case, you know, you and Mackenzie, you know want to..." He clears his throat and looks to me for help as I appear from the cushions.
"In case we want to have sex, Doctor." I say outwardly shaking my head and laughing quietly to myself as his cheeks redden.
"Oh, I will. I'll shout if that happens. Yes. Something like, I was not expecting this!" The Doctor shouts abruptly.
"Stop, stop, jut don't Doc." I say hitting myself fin the face with a cushion finally satisfying the need to have done that all day.
"By the way, that. The rot. I've got the strangest feeling we shouldn't touch it." The Doctor tells Craig ignoring me, but I could see the hint of a grin on his face.