The Fifth Customer

So it was decided. Not the happy ending I was hoping for, but something equally as complex. Dylan gave me the extra money I needed for my overdue rent and we had agreed I'd repay him sometime. I watched him as he swirled round from the roof dangling from the ruby aerial silk. People gasped and awed. I smiled when he blew me a kiss from across the by. I have butterflies ripping out at my stomach and I just want to be with him. Maybe I will invite him to dinner tonight.

"Hey" I spin around to see Jesse staring me down. "Don't you have a customer to pay attention to?"

"No" I replied. "He left early and all we did was talk..."

"That is...hmm." He says. Jesse notices that I had been watching Dylan for a while.

"So are you going to ask him out soon?" He asked

"What? Why would I ask him out?!" 

He laughed. "It is so obvious "

"He just makes me feel happy and safe" I told him.

"I just wanted you to know that you have someone waiting for you."

~~~

He was waiting when I got there. I opened the curtains to see the customer stand at attention when he saw me come in. He stood up straight and gave me a salute.

"At ease big-guy" I said. He wasn't wearing a uniform but he did have a badge poorly sewn onto the sleeve of his shirt. 

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Ethan" He replied.

"And what's your story sir?"

"I got discharged from the army and I'm mighty horny." He said with a sneaky grin.

It was alright with me.