A New Life a New Look

Start from the beginning

Walking out of the most expensive hairdressers in London was an extremely gratifying feeling to experience, and to say that I was thrilled with my new look was a huge understatement, as I walked down the street back to the big blue box I feel a new sense of confidence fills me, my brand new short hair bouncing at my shoulders. I reach the Tardis and push the doors open vibrantly, skipping to the console the Tardis whirs. "Why thank you!" I laugh flicking some switches setting the Tardis back to where she was last. Landing her silently I find myself bored as I lounge on the pilot's seat and I decide to go strolling around the Tardis, wanting to investigate what's where. I wander around for ages discovering new room and I eventually come across two big oak doors. Curiosity overwhelming me, I find myself pushing the doors open to reveal the most amazing library. Walking in I find myself gawking at the enormous room filled with the massive amount of books. "How did I not know this existed?" I ask myself as I run my hand along the shelves of book I turn a corner to see walls filled with books, a two storey room filled from ceiling to floor with books. The sight makes me grin widely as I walk around look at the many books. Deciding that I had nothing else to do I went and picked out a book, as I flipped it open I realise it's a book about the history of the universe and I begin to read intently. I spend hours in the library, either sprawled on one of sofas by a wood fire or stretched out across the carpet on the floor, reading through the encyclopaedia of the universe taking everything in and absorbing every bit of information that I read.

I hadn't realised how long I spent in that library until I eight hundred paged book. I sit up from my comfy rug on the floor by the fire stretching out my stiff muscles. "How long have I been here?" I ask the Tardis and a calm hum gives me a reply of two days. My eyebrows rise at how long I've been in this library and I get up slowly stretching once again and leaving the book on the couch I leave the library. Walking back to the console room I hum to myself quietly until I hear voices that sound slightly worried. "Hola!" I call as I enter the console room to see Amy and the Doctor arguing at the control panel. They turn around shocked and looking relieved to see me, but when Amy sees me her mouth drops open.
"What happened?" She asks sounding confused.
"Do you not like it?" I ask her feeling very self-conscious all of a sudden.
"No! No, I like it, just what happened to the rest of it?" She asks which makes me laugh. "Did you do it?"
"No, of course I didn't do it." I tell her as she walks up and hugs me instead of pausing our conversation to greet me verbally.
"You couldn't have had it done here, it's the 1800s!" Amy announces, not understanding how I had changed my hair so dramatically.
"I got it done in London." I tell her.
"We're nowhere near London."
"I flew the Tardis." I reply which then led to getting the Doctor's full attention.
"You flew the Tardis? How'd you fly the Tardis?" The Doctor asks me, his eyebrows furrowing and the corners of his mouth turning down.
"She taught me." I tell him simply, now assuming that this was not normal.
"The Tardis taught you?"
"I'm guessing that's not how you learnt." I say hesitantly, more confusion setting in.
"I was taught over a long period of time, I had to pass a test." He tells as he approaches me and as he does a hum sounds and I laugh at what the Tardis told me.
"You never passed your test?" I laugh aloud, sidetracked from our original conversation. I don't get a reply from him as he suddenly turns away to pull a lever. "Oh my gosh, no wonder you don't know how to fly her properly." I giggle teasingly.
"Moving on, is this bad Doctor? Is it bad for Kenz?" Amy asks approaching the Doctor.
"A connection with the Tardis isn't necessarily bad." The Doctor sighs out leaning against the control console.
"So what's so bad about this, I know how to fly the Tardis, I can talk to her, she can talk to me, isn't this good?"
"Maybe! But what happens to you if something happens to the Tardis?! What happens to you Mackenzie?" He shouts at the two of us.
"Nothing's going to happen to the Tardis, Doctor." I attempt to reassure him quietly.
"No, no, of course not." He nods walking away.
"Do you want me to go and talk to him?" Amy asks me stepping up behind me.
"No, it's fine, I'll go and talk to him." I say walking off behind him, taking a deep breath and breathing it out heavily.

"Doctor!" I yell as he walks away speedily. "Doctor!" I yell again trying to catch his attention. "Doctor, I swear to god, speak to me!" He stops and turns back walking to me. "I know this is confusing, I'm confused, but talk to me about it, don't just walk away please." I plead with him taking his hand in mine attempting to calm him.
"This just doesn't make sense to me, and I don't know how this is going to work, what if you can't leave?" He questions.
"Then you're stuck with me." I joke, attempting to lighten the mood. But the look I receive causes me to purse my lips and reconsider my answer. "We'll figure it out."
"How do we figure that out if we can't even figure out what happened to you?" The Doctor argues back, quieter now.
"We just need to take it step by step, ok?" I reason pressing my forehead against his. He nods and after a few moments he pulls my lips to his. I smile up at him and wrap my arms around his necks pulling myself up to kiss his nose. "We will work it out." I assure him. "We're Time Lords, we can do this." He nods to me.
"Just for the record, I love the hair." He smiles back.
"I needed a new look, too much has changed." I tell him and he nods again in agreement. "And how could you not tell me there's a library here?" I ask him punching his shoulder faking offense.
"I did." He smiles back at me which leads me to raise my eyebrows.
"No you didn't." I laugh.
"Yes I did, the swimming pool and the library." He clarifies and I laugh again.
"I was three, you can't expect me to remember that." This leads him to smiling at me.
"So that's where you were when we got back?" He puts the pieces together.
"Yep, I read the book about the History of the Universe." I tell him.
"You read the entire thing, that book's like 800 pages long?" He asks in disbelief, and I nod my head my lips pursed.
"Yeah, I may or may not have spent the entire two days in there." I admit suddenly feeling a little embarrassed.
"Why are you embarrassed?" The Doctor asks lifting my chin so that I'm forced to look at him.
"I'm not." I deny looking away again.
"Well then why are you blushing?" He chuckles trying to look me in the eye but I avoid it.
"I'm not." I deny again but I can't hide the grin that was pushing through on my lips. "Look, let's just get back to Amy." I try to move the conversation on as I grab his hand pulling him back towards the console room.

================================================================

Hello my lovelies! I have officially finished the first season with the 11th Doctor so updates should start coming out quite quickly! Turns out, I have written 120 A4 pages just for the first season and it's taken a while but I'm finally finished and am already starting on the second season which I absolutely love. Also new character is going to turn up soon, so watch out for that, he's going to be very important to the sequel to this book and I'm so excited about it!!!! See you lot soon!

Cyber <3