Chapter 13

Lily

Jonah and I spent the day explorng together. I got to know all of his friends and they were really sweet. I got along with Jack the most. He was so goofy and just nice in general. The boys went back to our hotel, but Jonah and I stayed out. Right now Jonah was taking me to the Empire State Building. He said it's where the best view of New York is. Once we get there I smile widely. The building looked to big from the inside by itself. Jonah grabbed my hand and led me to an elevator. We get on and there was no one else with us. Jonah stood close to me and gripped my hand tightly. As we went up my ears popped. It hurt for a second, but the pain soon went away.

We exit the elevator and Jonah covers my eyes and leads me to the edge. I could feel the wind blowing and the building sway. I don't think I've ever been so scared and excited at the same time. "Ready?" Jonah whispers in my ear. I nod and smile widely. Jonah uncovers my eyes and I hold my breath as I stare at the beautiful city below.

 Jonah uncovers my eyes and I hold my breath as I stare at the beautiful city below

I could see all the lights in the city and I could hear all the cars below. It felt like I was on top of the world. Well I kind of was. I feel my eyes start to tear up. I cover my mouth and breath out. "Wow." Was all I could say. I feel Jonah wrap his arms around my waist and rest his head on mine.

"Amazing right?" He whispers.

"It's...It's beautiful Jonah." 

"Not as beautiful as you." Jonah whispers in a low tone. I smile and laugh.

"I somehow miss this...Even though I've never had it, I miss it." I say quietly.

"I know how that feels. . .I miss this. Me and you. Even though I've- we've never had a me and you. It's crazy."

"Love makes people crazy." I say still staring out at the city below.

"Do you believe that?" Jonah whispers to me.

"Well I mean I'm in New York City, at the top of the Empire State Building, with you so. . .maybe?" I say laughing.

"You told me you were in love with me earlier....was it true?"

"I mean. . . All I'm saying is that I never would've left my house if it weren't for you."

"I love you Lily..." Jonah says barely above a whisper. I tear leaves my eye. I turn in Jonah's grip and look at him at a loss for words. He lets out a breath of relief he smiles at me. He holds me tighter and stares into my eyes waiting for a response.

"I. . . I loved you before I knew you." Jonah smiles before connecting his lips with mine for a long kiss. Jonah's hands land on my waist and they pull me into his body. 

After what felt like 10 minutes of kissing, which was only 10 seconds, Jonah pulls away and smiles at me. "Let's go back to the hotel." I smile back and agree.

Jonah and I took about a 30 minute ride back to the hotel. Once we get back I see Jack and Zach in the lobby buying snacks. Jack sees Jonah and I and he smiles. He and Zach walk over to us and Jack hands me something wrapped in some clear wrapping.