eight

I looked at Yanchen who was reviewing the song I picked out for our talent show.

"Hmm," He said, putting a hand to his chin. "Not bad."

"Not bad?" I took it from his hands. "I spent hours looking for a song that fits not only my image but also yours and all you can say is not bad?"

"What do you want me to do?" Yanchen scratched his head. "You want me to dance frantically around the room?"

I frowned. This doesn't sound like the Yanchen I know. Plus he's getting irritated for no reason. "Look, if you're mad at something, don't let it out on me."

"I'm not," He denied, picking up his bag. "I'm not in the mood to practice. Can we do this another time?"

I rushed in front of him before he can leave, "No! We hadn't even practiced one line yet,"

Yanchen grabbed the paper from me and sang a line from the song, "There. Now we have started."

He pushed past me as I grab onto his wrist, "What is wrong with you, all of a sudden?"

Before he could speak, I could hear sounds of a girl giggling. I looked up and I could see his ex-girlfriend walking down the hall laughing with Jeffrey.

I let go of him as we silently watched the two. I looked at Yanchen's dark expression. Now I get why he's so pissed off.

Jeffrey put an arm around her shoulder and they walked out of the building. I saw Yanchen bawling his hands into a fist. "Don't you dare hit me with that hand, Zhou Yanchen."

He scowled but before leaving, I grab onto him again, "I know what'll make you feel better!"

"I'm not going to practice," He mumbled.

"We're not!" I said, as I reached for my bag. "We're going somewhere."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Yes! I won!" I exclaimed as I held the gun in front of me. "Those zombies didn't stand a chance."

"Neither did the civilians!" Yanchen points at the screen. "You practically wiped them all out. Including me!"

"That's because you were in the way,"

"My character was standing beside you!"

I put back the gun, "How about we play another game?"

I was about to run towards the car game when Yanchen held my hand, "I know where we're going,"

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Oh my god, Yanchen!!!" I screamed, putting my face on his chest. "Why did I agree to this?!"

I can hear Yanchen laughing, "You said you wanted to make me feel better. And I'm feeling better."

"Yeah, but I'm not!" I removed myself from him and tried to open my eyes. As soon as I did, a fake zombie reached out its hands to me. "Zhou Yanchen!!!!!"

"Hey, they're just zombies. Nothing to worry about."

I was still clinging on Yanchen's arms as we passed some blood and headless people. There were even ghosts and the longer we stay in this hell, the more tight I hold on to him.

"I feel like you're going to break my arm off even before we get out of here," Yanchen whispered with pain in his voice.

I slowly let go of him, "This is your fault for dragging me into this."

"How would I know you have hands that could dig deeper than shovels?" Yanchen asked, massaging his wrist.

I looked around and saw a hint of light at the end of the cave, "I think we're almost out, come on."

I dragged him, swatting all the things that were blocking my way. I can see the light.

"Yes! I'm alive!" I exclaimed, holding my hands up high. "I - I survived!"

"And I barely did," Yanchen said, holding out his arms that were full of nail scars and red marks. "Tell me, were you a cat in your past life?"