Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

“You’re kidding, right?” I asked. “I can’t…I can’t tell her.”

“Yes, you can.” He said firmly. “And you will. Harry, you can’t go on with this forever, okay? Tell me something. Can you have sex with her every day and act like it doesn’t mean anything anymore? I know you can’t, Harry. Sooner or later, it’ll get too much for you, and you’ll have to tell her. So do it now.”

“It isn’t that simple.” I countered. “I know how she is—you know how she is. She runs away from these sort of things, Lou. It’ll ruin everything.”

“Harry, you don’t know the future, okay?” he said. “You don’t know for sure what will happen, but I really think you should take a chance. Ask her out for dinner.”

“Really, Louis?” I rolled my eyes.

“Yes,” he said. “Take her out, make her feel good. She needs that anyway. And then…well, you can see you things turn out from there.”

“Louis, I don’t—”

“God fucking dammit, curly,” Louis said. “Don’t be a pussy.”

---

* Olivia Harper*

Harry arrived right on time to pick me up. He honked to let me know he was waiting, and I quickly took one last look at myself in the mirror, making sure I looked presentable. Then I headed out.

He stood waiting by the car, leaning against it with his arms crossed. He looked as good as usual, dressed in a blue shirt with a light jacket on top, and jeans. His hair was as messy yet perfect as usual, curls blowing lightly in the wind. He smiled his classic crooked smile as he saw me approaching him.

“Well, you look beautiful,” he commented, holding the car door open for me.

The word struck me as odd, but made me blush nonetheless. “Thanks.” I told him. “Er, you look beautiful too.”

He laughed, shutting the door and then walked around the car to get in himself.

“You seem to be in a good mood.” I noticed.

He shrugged. “Nice weather.” He said simply.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Creep.”

“You’re a creep.” He shot back playfully.

“Really?” I raised my eyebrows. “Wanna ask my four nipples that? Oh wait.”

He laughed and stuck his tongue out at me. “Oh, fuck you.” He said.

I giggled. “Where are we going?” I asked him.

“You’ll see.” He said.

“Or you could just tell me…”

“No way.” He said. “Don’t worry, you’ll like where we’re going.”

“As long as it’s not a bird sanctuary…”

“Why would I take you to a bird sanctuary for dinner?” he asked me incredulously. “And even if I did, what’s

wrong with that?”

“You’re kidding right?” I asked. “Birds are weird, Harry.”

He laughed. “What?”

“Yeah, don’t you think so?” I asked him.

“I actually quite like birds,” he said.

I grimaced. “I hate them.”

“You’re the weirdest person I’ve ever met.” He told me.