“Mm, yeah.” Lexi said. “He wants to make up. He wants to talk things out.”

I sighed and fell back onto the bed. “But I don’t want to.” I told her. “Dylan and I are over.”

“Not for him.” Lexi said. “He says he misses you. He’s…erm, miserable without you.”

I laughed. “Are you sure this is Dylan we’re talking about?”

“Liv, just talk to him once.”

“No.” I said determinedly. “Lexi, please tell him not to get his hopes up. I don’t want to talk to him.”

“Whatever.” Lexi said. “It’s your problem, not mine. I just thought you should know.”

“Yeah, thanks.” I said.

“Sure,” she replied. “Anyway, I’ll see you in school tomorrow.”

“Alright. Bye Lexi.”

“Bye, babe. Love you.” she said, and hung up.

—-

*the next day*

I shut my locker and turned around, to find myself face to face with Harry. He was grinning down at me.

“What?” I asked him, and then looked around to see if anyone was looking at us. I hoped Lexi wouldn’t see us together.

“Mm, you look nice today.” he said slowly, and I hurriedly pushed him away.

“Harry, not now!” I said quickly, casting a panicked look around. “Jesus, keep it in your pants.”

Harry only laughed though. “Alright, alright.” he nodded. “By the way, I think the boys know something’s up.”

“The boys?” I asked, as we started walking.

“You know, Niall, Zayn, Liam and Lou.” he said.

“Oh.” I said. “The know something’s up…?”

“Between you and me.” he said, gesturing between the two of us.

“WHAT?” I asked, horrified. “They know?”

“Well, not really,” Harry shook his head. “But, like…they’re suspicious. They’re wondering how I got you to sleep with me twice in a row.”

“We’ve slept together more than two times.” I muttered, blushing.

“Yeah, but they don’t know that.” Harry chuckled. “You know, they won’t tell anyone, even if they get to know. They’ll probably demand excruciatingly explicit details, but other than that…they won’t care.”

“I don’t know, Harry.” I sighed. “I just…don’t really want—”

“Anyone to know?” Harry nodded. “Of course. I won’t want to piss you off, Harper. Actually,” he added as an afterthought, “maybe I should. That would make your more aggressive in bed, won’t it? Maybe you could…punish me?”

He winked at me and I felt very hot suddenly.

“Shut up,” I murmured. We’d reached my class, but it hadn’t started yet. I peaked in to see Lexi inside, but she was bust texting.

“You know,” he said, “I’ve noticed something about you.”

“What?” I asked him.

“You’re nervous around me.” he said, grinning at me.

“What?!” I asked, appalled. “Fuck off, Styles. That’s not true.”

“It is.” he grinned. “You only take charge when you’re drunk.”