24 - The Three Broomsticks

Start from the beginning

"I--"

"I said be quiet!" Draco interrupted Blaise. His morning was now ruined. Blaise just had to ruin it. He was mad, and he wasn't sure if it was because Serena knew about the rumours, or if it was because Blaise just had to mention him and Serena in bed. "I'm leaving" Draco stood up then looked at Serena and said, "I'll see you later" before leaving the table.

"He's mad isn't he?" Blaise asked Serena.

"You think?"

"I mean I misunderstood it, not a big deal," Blaise said.

"Just understand him Blaise, it's not his best week right now so he's kind of moody, and sensitive"

"Seriously though Serena, how do you even put up with him?"

"It's a special skill not many possess" Serena smiled.

---------------------------------------

Weeks have passed by busily. The 7th year witches and wizards were all busy studying, and doing projects. Finals were nearing and they had to be prepared. After weeks of all work, the students were given a weekend without any homework or quizzes the following week. So Draco and Blaise thought it would be the perfect time for them to meet up with friends.

"Serena!" Draco hurried to Serena who was going in the library.

"Hey!"

"Are you going in the library?" Draco asked

"No, I'm going out, but I'm walking backwards" Serena replied seriously, and Draco rolled his eyes.

"Didn't you hear? The professors gave us this weekend off and you're going to spend it in the library?!"

"I want to be prepared for the exams!"

"You already are! Now come with me" And before Serena could say anything, Draco grabbed hold of her wrist and lead her out of the castle.

They arrived at Three Broomsticks, and when Serena saw the table they were approaching she felt a bit nervous.

"I thought you'd never come," said Pansy as Draco and Serena took their seats across from her.

"I had to look for this paranoid smart arse" Draco replied and Serena just rolled her eyes.

Pansy looked at Serena from head to toe. Yes, Pansy was known to be intimidating, and quite the mean one, but Serena wasn't nervous by her because of her reputation, not even because she used to date Draco. No, Serena was nervous because she was his friend and Blaise's girlfriend. She wanted her, along with Theo, to like her for Draco. Theo was also obviously studying her too.

"Would you guys stop looking at her like she just escaped from Azkaban!" Draco reprimanded his friends.

"She's pretty" Pansy complimented which made Serena smile. "Way too pretty for you, Draco. Are you sure about dating this dimwit?" Pansy asked Serena playfully. She felt more relaxed now. "I'm only dating him because of his name. I heard it has plenty of benefits" Serena replied cheekily.

"What?!" Draco exclaimed. Pansy looked at her smiling. "Oh I like you, a true Slytherin witch we got here"

"She's not wrong though," said a whimsical voice. Serena turned to the source to see Luna. She was distracted with how Pansy suddenly looked at her that she didn't notice Luna, who was holding hands with Theo. Serena remembered how Theo was when he was younger, she would have never thought him and Luna to be together, and she's sure he wasn't expecting it as well.

"Hello, Luna. It's nice to see you again. I haven't really thanked you for the advice you've given me" Serena smiled at her.

"Happy to help, Serena. And I see it all worked out perfectly, yes?"

Serena looked back at Draco who was looking confused and then she smiled at him and backed to her. "Yes, it did"

"What are you two talking about?" Draco finally asked.

"Oh nothing, but you should probably thank her too" Serena replied

"Thank her?! You're asking too much! Whatever Lovegood did, I'm sure wasn't that important for me to thank her" Draco snorted.

Serena looked at him in disbelief, she saw Theo rolling his eyes. She knew that these Slytherins still were probably adjusting to the idea of their friend and Luna together and Theo was used to it, while Luna simply didn't care. But still, she didn't like the way Draco talked about it.

"Draco, if Luna didn't give me advice, I wouldn't be here sitting with you. I would probably be with Tristan!"

Draco did not expect that. His eyes were suddenly wide but he also had his pride. He swallowed hard, cleared his throat, and whispered his gratitude.

Serena was smirking, she knew he got him. "Excuse me, what was that?"

"Thank you!" Draco said awkwardly and loudly enough for all of them to hear. They were all smiling at him. "You're welcome, Draco" Luna replied.

The 3 couples chatted the whole afternoon away, and without a doubt, Serena knew as she laid her head on her bed, she knew that she has gained new friends.