The difference - chapter 1

I was running late. I always am, and just my luck there was rush hour traffic! I still had to go and pick up coffee for Lacey and Connie. They are gonna be pissed if I'm late. Then I'll have to hear them bitch about how I screw everything up. It's ok I'm used to it. Have been for 6 years. Even before I worked with them I had to hear it in high school. "Isabella you screw everything up! Your such a brat!" They would say. It used to hurt but not anymore. My whole life I've been pushed around. I should do something about it but I know as soon I try to fear will get the best of me. It always does. After waiting for almost 45 minutes of traffic I pull in to the nearest Starbucks. I order what I always do on Tuesdays, two Carmel frappes. As I was waiting for them to be made I couldn't help but notice the tall, skinny curly haired boy sitting at the table alone. He was reading some book I'd never heard of. I could tell he was very concentrated on the book by his facial expressions. I also couldn't help the fact of how beautiful he was. His pink plump lips. His emerald eyes scanned the the pages of the book with ease and just sitting there reading he looked like he could be on the cover of some fashion magazine. His eyes lifted from the page and met mine. I quickly looked away and didn't dare turn back. I shouldn't be doing this. If John found out, he'd hurt me and I didn't need more bruises on my arms because I'm tired of wearing long sleeved shirts in the middle of summer. I am snapped back to reality as the cashier hands me the cold drinks. I pay and then walk towards the door. I glance back a the table where the curly haired boy sat but he was gone. Before I could even begin to think where he went I feel the cold liquid of the frappes splash onto my shirt. Great just great! I turn around and sure enough Carmel frappe is spilled all over my shirt and worst of all my bright red bra is showing through my white blouse. I feel the heat rush into my cheeks.

"Oh Jesus I'm so sorry! Are you ok?!"

I look up and my cheeks heat even more. Standing In front of me is the tall curly haired boy.

"Yes uh..I'm fine.." I say awkwardly as the frappe soaks into my shirt. He grabs a handful of napkins and tries to wipe off my shirt.

"I'm really really sorry! I wasn't paying attention!" He says frantically still trying wipe my shirt off.

"No really it's fine." I take the napkins from his hands and rush out of the building and to my car. I quickly get in. Lacey and Connie were gonna be furious that they didn't get their frappes but I couldn't go back in there and face that boy. I drive as quick as can to work. When I get there Lacey and Connie are waiting impatiently, probably for their coffee.

"Where's our coffee?! And what happened to your hideous shirt?!" Says Connie rudely.

"Look I'm sorry they spilled all over me and I didn't have time to get more."

"Of course something like that happened! You ruin everything!"

I sigh and walk to my desk. The day goes by very slowly. Lacey pesters me about not bring her coffee but I ignore it.

I walk out to my car and drive home. I dread going home. There's nothing but trouble. John is trouble.

When I get home john is luckily still at work. Good I can have a little while to myself. Or not. I hear the door slam shut and I am instantly nervous.

"Isabella! Where are you?!" He shouts.

"I'm in here!" I shout back.

I hear footsteps come toward the room and my heart beats faster.

He stumbles in the room and smirks at me. Great he's drunk! He must have gone out with friends instead of going to work. Now my nervousness turns into fear.

"Hey baby..c'mon over to daddy.." He slurs and smirks.

"No john. Leave me alone." I shudder.

He pushes me against the wall forcefully.

"Don't tell me no. I can do what ever I want to you." He smirks and sticks his hand up my shirt. I squeal.

"John please stop! I'm not doing this!"

"Oh you'll do what ever I want you to. Remember what I told you."

I whimper and he pushes his hand further up my shirt and squeezes my breast.

"John please! Stop!" I cry out. All he does is moan and tugs at my shirt to come up.

"No! Stop it!" I try to push his hand away but he's too strong. I pray and hope that this will end but it doesn't. He pulls my shirt over my head and whimper.

"Please stop!" I beg.

"No!" He slurs and tries to put his pants down. Fortunately due to his intoxication he stops and runs to the bathroom and throws up. After minutes of silents I declare that he Is probably passed out and relief washes over me when I see him laying face down on the bathroom floor. It's only 8 but I'm exhausted and I'm ready for this horrid day to be over. I slip on my pajamas and fall into bed hoping that tomorrow will be a better day, but knowing my luck it won't.

[a/n: so this is my new fan fiction! I started writing my first one but it's not really going anywhere so I've learned a lot and this one in my opinion is way better! Please give it a chance and tell me what you think! :) ]