Ch. 3 What is it that you need to talk about?

After the ordeal with the Volturi Guards, the Cullen family went to their house. Bella got off of Edward's back and smiles when she sees Jacob and Embry conversing with Bree who started to feel comfortable around the wolf-shapeshifters. She walked towards Bree and held her right hand out to her.

" Hey. My name is Bella Swan. Nice to meet you. I know it must be hard being a newborn vampire and it's my fault that you are like this, but I hope we can be friends" Bella smiles at her. 

Bree looks at Bella and smiles at her.

" Nice to meet you, Bella. Embry and Jacob explained everything to me. It's not your fault. It's Victoria and Riley who forced themselves on me and changed me..." She tells her. 

Both girls shook their hands. 

" Well, I know Embry, and he is a good guy" Bella smiles at Embry. " I know he will take good care of you and that he will be there for you if you ever need anything" She tells her.

If Bree were a human, she would be blushing. Bree turns to look at Embry who is smiling at her. She smiles back at him. She knows that he will take good care of her. 

Edward walks towards them and stands behind Bella. He gently puts his hands on her shoulders.

" Bella. We should get going. I know we are engaged, but I would love to ask your father for his blessing before we officially get married" He tells her.

Jacob smirks.

" Good luck" He teases Edward.

Bella glares at Jacob a little. 

Jacob raised his hands in surrender.

" I know Charlie. He will stare down at you before he is okay with you two to get married" He tells them.

Edward nods his head.

" Let's go, Bella" He walks away with Bella to his car. " All your father knows is that you went on a camping trip with Alice and Rosalie" He explains to her.

Bella nods her head.

She gets inside Edward's car and puts the seat belt around her waist. She looks at Edward and smiles at him. She feels relaxed because she knows that Charlie will be okay with her marrying Edward. She sees Edward close the door as she looks away and turns her head forward.

Edward quickly walks around the car and opens the door. He gets inside the car and puts the seat belt around his waist. He closed the door and turned on his car. He drives away from his house and heads towards the Swan's house.

Thirty-six minutes later.

Edward parks his car on the sidewalk. Bella gets out of the car and grabs her camping bag from the trunk. She knows that Alice and Jasper went to get her stuff and put it in the car for her. She turns to look at Edward and smiles at him.

" You ready?" Bella asked him.

" I am ready" Edward tells her.

Bella takes Edward's right hand in her left hand. She walks with him towards her house. She knocks on the door and hears footsteps walking towards them. She looks forward and smiles when she sees Charlie opening the door and looking at them. 

" Hey, Dad" Bella lets go of Edward's hand and greets Charlie with a hug. " I miss you" She whispers. 

Charlie hugs Bella back.

" I miss you too. How was your camping trip with the girls?" He asked her. 

" It went well. Alice got tired, so Edward decided to drop me off. Also, Dad, Edward has something to tell you" Bella lets go of Charlie. " I'll be upstairs in my room if you two need me. I have to put these dirty clothes away in the basket" She tells them,

Charlie nods his head.

He watched Bella enter the house and runs up the stairs to her room. He turns his head forward and looks at Edward.

" Son. Why don't you come inside?" Charlie asked him. " It's cold outside" He tells him.

" Thank you" Edward entered the house and closed the door behind him. " How was your day so far?" He asked him.

" Good. My friend Sue Clearwater came over earlier to keep me company" Charlie tells him.

Edward nods his head.

He walks with Charlie into the living room and sits down across from each other on the two couches. 

" So, what is it that you need to talk about?" Charlie asked him.

" Mr. Swan, I love your daughter with all of my life. I know we don't see eye to eye, but we both care about Bella's happiness. What I am trying to say is that I would like to have your blessing to marry your daughter?" He asked him.

Charlie wears a surprised expression. 

" You want to marry my daughter?" He asked wanting to make sure that he heard it right. 

" Yes" Edward nods his head.

Charlie carefully eyes Edward.

" How will I know that you won't hurt her feelings?" He curiously asked him. 

" I regret hurting her the last time. I learned from my mistake. I truly love your daughter. She is my other half. Without her, I am meaningless" Edward looks at him in the eyes.

Charlie stayed quiet.

A minute later.

" Alright. You have my blessing to marry my daughter" Charlie tells him. " I might as well call you my son from now on" He chuckles. 

Edward chuckles as he smiles at him. He is happy that Bella's father approves of them getting married. He can't wait to have Bella as his wife.